Chapter 3: All Alone

(Agent 8/Lavender POV)

"Aaron." She growled.

________________________________________________________

I stared at the trail with sheer dread in my heart. Whoever hurt Aaron was going to pay.

"OK, let's meet up and we can start searching tomorrow." Callie mumbled, though it sounded like she didn't want to do that.

"No! We know where he went, we can find him!" Sarah argued.

I sighed.

"Look, Sarah, I want to find him just as much as you do but, there's not much we can do right now." I explained to her.

I really wanted to find him but, we were nowhere near ready for whatever we were going to face.

"We all want to find him but, we need rest Sarah. Tomorrow we will meet back in Octo Canyon and actually be prepared." Callie agreed with me.

"That is the whole reason Aaron got captured in the first place." I added and Sarah sighed.

If we were better prepared then maybe, just maybe, he wouldn't have gotten captured. But I would still trade anything to be there with him. Maybe I could've helped him.

"As much I hate to say it, you guys are right." Sarah mumbled.

"We're gonna find them Sarah, just not today." Callie said, her voice filled with sadness.

I nodded in agreement even though they couldn't see me and I didn't feel like talking so, I just kept quiet.

"Lavender, you said you knew where it leads to?" Callie asked me and I sighed, not wanting to say where it goes.

"A sanitizing facility..." I mumbled and Sarah growled in anger. "Them again!" She yelled, I could tell she was mad, there was no denying it.

"Who again?" Callie asked and Sarah sighed. "Sanitized Octolings." She mumbled and Callie gasped. "Do you think they'll sanitize them?" Callie asked, I could imagine the horrified look on her face.

"No doubt about it." Sarah grumbled and Callie let out a horrified breath.

"OK, this is fine, we will just meet up and try to find them tomorrow." Callie mumbled, her voice shaky.

And with that it went quiet.

I kept my eyes glued to my feet for a moment before taking a deep, shaky, breath and pushing myself off the wall I was leaning on. 'We will find him.' My thoughts repeated as I ran to our 'meeting spot.'

I let a tear slip down my face, but quickly wiped it away. I couldn't imagine seeing Marie or Aaron mind controlled or sanitized. Though, I think it would shatter my heart if they were sanitized because, there would be no helping them.

I ran around another corner and took a break.

I rested my hands on my knees and thought for a minute. Seeing the fun and quirky Aaron sanitized and emotionless. The thought itself was terrifying.

I started moving again, walking this time.

"Hey lavender?" I heard Sarah ask, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Yes?"

"Do you wanna stay with me until we get Aaron back?"

I sighed, remembering that I was staying with Aaron because I didn't like being alone.

Curse you stupid fear.

I thought about it for a minute. I was used to Aaron's apartment and I felt comfortable there so, I should be fine.