011 - Gally

A/N: Chapter of Gally's POV. I wrote it in 3rd person because that just seemed more handy. Starts after Valerie went into the maze.

TW ⚠️: Discussion of suicide.

~

"What do you mean you saw her go in there?" He slammed Mike into a wall, pointing his index finger at his chest and holding his wrist in front of Mike's throat so the boy had no chance of escaping.

His face twitched into fear at Gally's way of acting. "I-I just saw her go! I swear!"

Gally was hesitant. It wouldn't be impossible and it wasn't such a strange thought. She always talked about going into the maze, yet it surprised him a girl like... her broke the rules.

"I don't believe you."

Mike shook his head. "Do you see her anywhere then?"

He took a look around, not noticing the red hair he usually liked a lot more than he should. "She can be everywhere. Might consider even looking in a damn closet, hm?"

"That wasn't me!" Mike defended. "I- I swear."

"I know it wasn't you, piece of klunk. And stop swearing stuff. Get to work." Gally roughly let go of the Builder, who rushed away fast. He sighed, not knowing what to do.

He could use the excuse 'Yeah, no freeloaders, that's why I came looking for you' once he found her, but that would be lame. Though he also couldn't say 'I was, as Newt would say, bloody worried about you. Now get your ass to work'.

Yet he was worried. He couldn't tell if it was because she was the only girl, his builder, or that he actually just cared... but he was definitely worried and went out to search for Alby.

Not even ten minutes later, it sounded, "Gally, get your butt to work and stop bothering me. She's probably just taking a shower or whatever."

The rest of the day he tried not to think about her and went on with his work, which looked quite sloppy. It always did. He remembered her telling him that it was nicer to have things perfect while he replied to work faster so they could get more done. Obviously, she might've been right. Maybe.

She wasn't that bad at building. It just took a lot of time, which was not handy. She didn't belong in the kitchen as a woman (and Gally had seen her cook. She couldn't even cut potatoes without almost chopping her own fingers off). He had definitely seen her run, and she was fast. Fast enough to do it, he knew. And yet Minho ignored her and he did too. But maybe now he was regretting not ever complimenting her.

Or saying she was being dramatic. She was never being dramatic. Not a minute he had thought that before, only when she was crying in his hut. Maybe crying girls... triggered him...?

"Alby!" The name echoed through the Glade about half an hour before the Doors would close. Gally jumped straight up, aware of anything that would happen and quite happy to leave the other Builders. "Alby!"

The boy who spoke's voice sounded so broken and hopeless, no one got what was going on in the first seconds. Until Minho, sweating and dirty, took one step into the Glade with a body in his arms. A certain redhead.

Fast enough to be the first to reach Minho, Gally ran over to the duo, staring with wide eyes. She lay in his arms, bridal style, to be specific.

Her skin was deathly pale. Too pale for someone who spent her days in the sun and even for someone who stayed inside all day. Her lips were colorless and chapped, almost turning blue. Her red hair was knotted, her clothes ripped, and oh. Oh, her leg.