033 - You Know What They Say..

We sat at the dinner table again. Ben was there, as always. Me, Gally, and Chuck now, too. Newt didn't always join. Neither did Minho, because after all, both of them didn't seem to enjoy Gally and Chuck's company more than Alby or other Runner's.

"Okay." Ben swallowed away last bits of his food. "Would you rather pee champagne or have your farts to smell very good?"

"What kind of question is that?" Gally spat out. He frowned and shook his head at Ben's absurd acting.

"Good-smelling farts." Chuck replied. "Because I can't drink champagne anyways."

"And you fart a lot." Gally muttered.

"I don't."

"Doesn't matter." Ben rolled his eyes. "Val. You?"

"Farts." I giggled. "Would you rather go without shampoo for the rest of your life or toothpaste for the rest of your life?"

"Toothpaste." All three of them replied. I agreed, though it was a hard question.

"Okay." Chuck nodded happily. "Would you rather take care of the Beast from Beauty and the Beast for the rest of your life or have Gaston as your boyfriend?"

I laughed. "I already take care of Gally and don't need Minho as a boyfriend."

Chuck giggled loudly, glancing at Gally to see if he wouldn't be killed, but he smiled too.

Later, everyone finished their food. I invited Chuck over to come pet Josephine, so told the others goodbye and left with the kid, on our way to find the chicken.

"Won't she bite my fingers off?" He wondered, eyebrows furrowed as most of the time.

"She won't. She's very sweet." My eye caught the animal picking at some grass again. "There she is. Just carefully walk over to her and pet her."

"Why is she tame?" He bent down on his knees. "Will she really not bite?"

"She won't, I promise." I laughed. Chuck nodded and carefully stroked the chicken's back. Soon he got the hang of it, laughed, and took Josephine closer. "See?"

He chuckled. "I like her."

"As you should." I sat down too, mostly admiring the sundown. It was orange mixed with pink. Beautiful. "Anything interesting you have to spill?"

"Hmm." He pouted for a long time. "Nope. Don't think so."

"Life's kinda boring in here, isn't it?" I exhaled.

My life in fact was not boring. Especially not with Gally, but I didn't tell Chuck that, because suddenly, his eyes started to twinkle.

A grin grew on his face. Both the corners of his mouth went up. "I have an idea."

My attention was on. "What is it?"

He looked mischievously. "Your boyfriend is walking into the toilet right now."

"Your point?" I raised an eyebrow. "I won't be walking in there, if that's what you think."

"I've seen that small window behind the toilets. We'll scare him." Chuck straightened his back in excitement. "Can we do that?"

I smiled brightly. "Oh, god yes, we can."

We got up so fast I nearly fainted, but then we started running toward the toilets. Our hands attached, laughs got shared. But we fell silent once we got closer.

"Okay." Chuck stood on his toes, lifted his hand into the air and tap, tapped on the window.

"Who's there?" That lovely voice. But an angry tone.