027 - Mornings

"Hey." I smiled at Gally. He was lying beside me, face to face. I felt happy as never before. My mood was already amazing in the early morning, plus, I woke up to his pretty face.

"Morning." He replied. And oh, gosh. His morning voice!

"Do you want to get up?" He asked quietly.

"I don't think I have a choice." I whispered, laughing.

He smiled too. "But it's nice to ask after all."

"Mhm." I hummed and jumped out of the bed, immediately rushing to my closet. "Can we wrestle today?"

He lifted an eyebrow teasingly. "Sorry?"

"Please." I added. "You promised we could. You've promised months ago!"

He chuckled. "Fine. But—."

"Let you know when it hurts, yeah, yeah, got it." I almost rolled my eyes as I went through my closet. "What do you think?" I held up a shirt.

"Hm." He looked unbothered. "What else have you got?"

Happy to have someone that wanted to help me choose outfits, I took a skirt out of the closet, but then threw it back in fast. "Uh.. what about this?" A sweater.

Gally didn't answer my question. Instead, he frowned. "Why'd you put it back?"

"It's ugly."

"No, it wasn't. And by the way, you're lying."

I stared him right in the eyes. "Why do you always notice when I'm lying? I'm not that bad of a liar."

"You're not, indeed. I just know." He shrugged. "Why'd you put it back?"

I looked down, my cheeks filling with red slightly. "It's too short."

"It really isn't." He crossed his arms. Leaned against the wall as he still sat on my bed.

"It's too short to be walking around in." I corrected. "They'll make comments. Maybe try something. I can't wear it."

"I'll protect you."

My heart exploded again. "I... I don't know. I'll just wear these." Slightly embarrassed, I rubbed my arm.

"Nope." He got up. Took the skirt out of my closet and pushed it in my hands. "You're gonna wear this skirt and be even more beautiful. Yeah?"

Butterflies.
"Beautiful?"

"Valerie."

I furrowed my eyebrows deeply. "Uh.. yeah?"

He snickered. "What would Minho have said if you asked him the word beautiful like you just asked me?"

"He would've explained the context of beautiful. What the word means." I frowned even deeper. "Why?"

"What did I just say?"

I threw my head back. "Can't you explain it without making it a game?"

"No. So, what did I just say?"

"I asked you beautiful, and you said my na- oh." My whole face turned bright red. "Well, thank you."

He chuckled. "Anything."

"So, what about this?" I held up a white top, pressing my lips together.

"Nah."

"This?"

"No."

"What about—."

"This." In a second, his sweater was off and it was in my hands. It was a sage green one, plain and with a cap. "You want it?"

A big grin planted on my face easily. "Yes, please. And you'll never get it back."

"Then that's too bad. I'll go change too, yeah? I'll wait outside." He lifted up my chin, placed a kiss on my lips, then wandered off shirtless, his muscles flexing.

I did not expect Gally to be a guy that liked quick kisses, yet it was awesome.

I changed into the clothes. The skirt was black, came to my mid thigh, without much details. Plain, just as the sweater, which smelled so, so good, by the way. Some kind of mint and just Gally's comforting smell.

Only issue was that the sweater was way too big. It almost hung over the skirt! So, I rolled it up to the skirt's waistband, combed my hair and rubbed sleep out of my eyes before I went out to see Gally.

He was waiting in a white, old-looking shirt. Brownish cargo pants. And lots of muscles. I fell in love even more by the second.

"See? It looks amazing, Ginger." He smiled at me.

"You're not quite that bad either." We slowly made our way to the kitchen, having a casual conversation as usual.

Then I felt eyes fell on me. As always, but I felt even more exposed by the skirt, even though it wasn't very short. Mostly Builders stared at me, giving either dirty or beast-like glances.

Gally wrapped an arm around my waist, pulling me closer to his side protectively. My face was the color of my hair by now. He held a tight grip on my waist, protecting me like he promised.

We got some bacon and sandwiches. Walked closer to Minho, Ben and Newt. "Them again?" Gally whispered.

"It'll be okay. Ben seems to like you. Minho's nice to you. Newt's... Newt will be fine." I assured him and myself, too.

"I heard you were in a fight with Newt."

"We'll get over it." I told him. "Let's go."

A nod, followed by him pulling me even closer by his side. Minho was the first to see us, raised an eyebrow. Ben followed, his mouth opening slightly.

"You two finally dating?" Minho joked while we sat down.

"Yep."

"Ah, of c- wait. What?" His face fell. "You're dating?"

We nodded. "We are."

Ben whooped a cheer and clapped his hands. "Let's go! FRY!! Come over here!"

My heart pounded in my chest when I turned to look at Newt. His jaw was tight, eyes sharp.

Never leave your long-known best friend for a boy, I realized. An important rule. Even with the way Newt was acting.

"Newt." My voice betrayed me by cracking. "Can I talk to you?"

His face was cold as stone, but he nodded. Gally gave me a squeeze in the hand before I followed the blonde further away from them, nearby the woods.

I did the first thing that came to mind; wrap my arms around him. He froze. Didn't hug back for a while, until then, he awkwardly patted my back.

"I'm sorry." He muttered.

"Excuse me?"

"I'm sorry." He mumbled.

I put both my hands on his shoulders and looked him in the eyes again. "What did you say?"

"I. Am. Sorry." He grumbled, louder this time.

"I'm not."

His eyes squinted so close together I thought he was about to punch me in the face. "I have noticed."

"I just wanted to say that... that you don't have to like Gally. As long as you don't go on and on about this drug thing and how he is using me, at least. Just be nice, and he'll be nice too." I explained. "And know that I won't drop you for him."

Slowly, a small grin appeared on his face. "You better not."

"Well, shall we go back now, British Lizard?"

"Sure, American Ginger." He spat back.

"How nice, Lady Gaga."

"Ed Sheeran."