021 - Bonfire (Gone Wrong)

"And? What do we think about the new Greenie?" I sat down next to Newt, leaning on a log with our backs.

"Hm. I've seen better. Got blonde hair, short. Brown eyes. He's okay. Kind. Whatever. Scared, too." Newt shrugged. "We didn't get time for the Tour today. You can give it to him tomorrow."

"But I need to go into the Slammer tomorrow."

He palmed his face. "Crap. Now I need to do it anyways."

I laughed. "Good luck."

A few minutes of sitting in silence later, Newt handed me a mason jar filled with some brown liquid Gally made. "Here ya go."

"Thanks." I took a careful sip. The taste was so bitter I always had to get used to it first.

"You better convince Gally to tell you what the hell he puts in this sometime. I'm very sure you'll succeed." He exhaled deeply. "I don't get how you can like that guy."

"Excuse me?" I crossed my arms. "Gally's nice."

"I'm sure he is." The sarcasm was dripping off his voice. "Especially the way he beats the Greenies up. Or how he beat you up. Or how arrogant he is. Or his lovely relationship with Minho. Or-."

"Okay, I get it!" I elbowed Newt in the side, annoyed already. "But that's how you see him. You don't know him well enough."

He pulled a face. "Ew."

"And he has humor. He's kind, and caring and-."

"Now you try and convince me you're not in love with him." Newt muttered.

I coughed. "I'm not in love with Gally, British Lizard. Shut up about it."

He gasped. "Don't call me British Lizard ever again."

I gave him a middle finger.

"American Ginger."

"Gay Blonde."

"Gally Lover."

"Slender Man."

"Limp Girl."

"Limp Boy."

A high-five. "Limp buddies."

"Y'all talk about it like it's a good thing." Minho appeared behind us, sitting down casually.

"Maybe it is."

"You never know."

"Did I just hear you calling Newt a British Lizard?" He grinned.

"Ah, shut up." Newt threw his head back. "Thanks a lot, American Ginger."

"And did I just hear Newt saying you're in love with—."

"No."

"—Gally?"

"No."

"I did say that." Newt confirmed.

"But it's not true."

"Well, we never said it was." Minho raised his eyebrows.

"I'm not in love with Gally. Never."

"Why so defensive?" The two boys asked in unison.

"That says enough." Minho put a hand on my shoulder. He acted like he felt pity for me. "You're definitely in love with Gally." He pouted, shaking his head.

"But why?!" Newt rubbed his chin. "He's annoying, like a giant, arrogant, got these scary eyebrows... why not choose someone better?"

Minho nodded. "Like me, for example."