034 - A Late Greenie

A/N: Sorry if this seems rushed, but I couldn't wait to let my millionth husband enter the story :)

~

The Greenie was late.

I had been waiting basically the whole day for them to come up, but they didn't, and now it was already past lunch time.

Newt joined me by sitting down next to me, our backs against a tree as most of the time.

"It better be a girl." I mocked, throwing my head back against the tree out of boredom.

"It better be a nice-looking boy." Newt shot back.

I scoffed. "Gally is-."

I got cut off by the alarm. Immediately I jumped up, grabbed Newt's arm and ran over to the Box, where more boys started to gather.

Gally helped Alby open the Box and jumped in. I peeked over the edge of the hole, trying to take a glimpse of the Greenie, but before I could, Gally already pulled him out of there.

"Day one, Greenie. Rise and shine."

Roughly, they landed on the grass, and by Gally's way of talking, it was not a girl.

Everyone crowded around the struggling Greenie. I caught a glance of his short, brown hair and blue shirt, but that was it.

"He looks like a Slopper to me." Someone laughed.

"I could use some help in the kitchen." Frypan added.

The boy crawled up from the ground and went for the run, pushing all the boy to the side.

"Hey, we got a runner!" Zart screamed.

I sighed at their yelling. Absurd, dramatic boys.

He was fast, I had to admit. He ran and ran, closer to the middle of the Glade and then-

Ouch.

He face-planted right onto the ground, rolling over.

"Oh!"

Slowly, he moved up and took in his surroundings. His body twisted all around. I wondered what was going on in his mind by the sight of the giant walls.

"Take it all in!"

Alby stood by my side as the others kept laughing. "I'll take him to the Slammer until he calms down, ya? I'll give him the Tour, too."

I frowned. "Why?"

"If he goes for another run-."

"Are you saying I won't be able to catch him?" I lifted an eyebrow, offended.

He scratched the back of his head. "No- well, I don't know."

"Let me do it if you have no good reason." Crossing my arms, I looked up at him. Newt had told me I would give them the Tour, not Alby who appeared to be sick of it.

"Fine." He exhaled. "Just hurry and be done before dinner."

I nodded happily and rushed to the Slammer where I supposed the boy already was, and indeed, he sat there, knees up to his chest and face down.

"Hey."

He jumped, frightened. I didn't blame him. How scared I was when I found out I was surrounded by boys, locked up... "You okay?"

He looked up at me, white as a ghost. He fidgeted with his hands, slowly shaking his head. "I- where am I? Why can't I remember anything? I-."

"Hey." I interrupted him once I noticed his breathing started to speed up. "It's okay. We've all been through this. You'll be fine. Your name will come back in a while, don't worry. Wanna get out of there?"