15 | and someone tells you they love you...

❛ ━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━ ❜
chapter fifteen: and someone tells you they love you...

tw(s): charlie being a jerk to his totally awesome mom, a bit of jostling.

— ˗ˋ ୨୧ ˊ˗ —

MUCH TO EMMA'S chagrin, Coach Orion had her sit out in order for her body to stay in mint condition for the showdown.

"Alright, think defense," Coach Orion commands. "Alright, hands in. Here we go."

Emma and the Ducks smirk and begin to quack.

"Hey, hey, hey! What the hell's that? Knock that off."

When he sends his players onto the ice, Emma taps his shoulder. It's like déjà vu.

"Um, Coach, I know this whole we're the Ducks thing isn't your cup of tea, but there's nothing wrong with the chant. I mean, we're in a new school, and people treat them like they don't belong, and the thing keeping all of us sane is that we have each other. The...the Ducks. So, if you really think about it, none of this is harming anybody. In fact, you might find this team spirit, I don't know, kind of beneficial," Emma says quietly, shrugging.

"Thank you, Emma. I will keep that in mind," Orion says, staring straight forward.

Emma sits down on the bench next to Guy.

"Trust me," Guy says, leaning towards her. "What you said went in one ear and out the other. That's how people like him work."

Emma nods.

Emma watches as Luis speeds across the blue line with the puck. Then she remembers something very important.

"Shit! I mean, shoot! Whatever! Orion, he doesn't know how to-"

Crash!

"-Stop. Yeah. He's got a wee issue," she winces, watching a disoriented Luis get picked up by his teammates.

"Yo, Russ, you gotta teach me how to talk some trash," Kenny says, bumping his shoulder.

"It can't be taught, Kenny, man. I mean, it's gotta be the first thing that comes to your mind," Russ says. "You gotta go for it. Try it."

"Okay. Hey, ref, you..."

"Uh, uh. Shh. Pick another target," Russ orders.

"Hey, number forty-four, you, you, you...you play, you play...you don't play real good," Kenny stammers.

Emma bites her bottom lip and makes a face to keep from laughing.

"No, Ken, you have to make it short and sweet," Emma teaches.

"Hey, number nine, bite me!"

Kenny gets hit across the face and falls off the bench. Emma catches his head before his neck snaps or something.

"That was good, but try your best to make it funny or witty. Like, if you weren't insulting them, you guys could have a good laugh over it. Or else you just seem like an aggressive goon. Unless they provoked you or started it first, never go for the aggressive goon route," Emma says, receiving an approving nod from Russ.