18 | bless you, calvin klein

❛ ━━・❪ ❁ ❫ ・━━ ❜
chapter eighteen: bless you, calvin klein

tw(s): post-breakup emotional mess, but it's short-lived.

— ˗ˋ ୨୧ ˊ˗ —

A TAP, TAP, tapping distracts Emma from her gourmet Froot Loops dinner and Melrose Place reruns. She's sulking, kind of. By now, it's been a little over a week since she and Charlie split. Connie and Julie sit uncomfortably on the edge of her window on the porch overhang, wearing fancy attire. 

"Okay, you guys are going insane. Why are you on my roof, and why are you all dressed up?" Emma asks, her hand above her, holding the window open.

Julie is wearing her hair clipped back, with a violet velvet dress and silver heels. Connie has her hair in a messy braid, with a sage green chiffon dress and white clogs.

"We're going to a party. And you are, too," Julie says, hopping through the window.

"Wait, okay, I didn't necessarily let you in. I could call the cops for trespassing," Emma says, stepping aside as Connie follows Julie through the tight opening.

"Aw, but you wouldn't. You love us, and this party'll do you good," Connie says, patting her cheek.

Julie is sifting through Emma's closet, tossing options out onto the bedspread. Connie sits Emma down at her vanity, looking through her products and setting to work.

"I don't know, I'm kind of tired. I wanted to watch Melrose."

"Shut up, I need to do your lip gloss," Connie says, pulling a white applicator out of a clear tube of pink gel.

"Calvin Klein navy blue dress, black Mary Janes!" Julie says with glee, swinging the hanger over the front of Emma's body to test out the colors.

"Yeah, but I still haven't agreed to this party," Emma whines.

"Well, we didn't ask, did we?" Connie says, already out the door. "Change, and we'll meet you downstairs. Your mom isn't awake, is she?"

Emma sighs. "No. I'll be out in a minute."

"This is my revenge dress. Bless you, Calvin Klein," Emma says to herself once she's changed, twirling in her outfit.

— ˗ˋ ୨୧ ˊ˗ —

"Rick Riley's house party? Really?" Emma asks in disbelief, gesturing to the sprawling hillside mansion in front of her.

"Yeah," Connie confirms. "We figured we'd let ourselves in and help ourselves to the rich people party goods."

"Alright, and who's we? Are the rest of the Ducks here?" Emma asks. She didn't think through her sentence, so she cringes internally at Ducks.

"Um, yeah. But it's a huge house, you don't even have to look at Charlie," Julie says, opening the door. It's unlocked.

Emma scrunches her nose. "I hope not. We haven't talked since the whole thing."

"It makes sense. He's being a jerk. Russ said he and the rest of the boys would talk to him about it. But they're kind of scared of him, too," Connie murmurs, shaking her head.