Chapter 7 Part 2: Katherine

Tom had just been told by Priscilla that his brother, Josh was in a car accident and the thought of what Priscilla wanted to tell him went out of his mind as all he wanted to do was to go to the hospital and see his brother and so he got up from the couch and so did Priscilla.

Tom: I have to go to the hospital.

Priscilla: I'll come with you.

Tom: you don't have to.

Priscilla placed her hand on his chest and she could feel his heart racing and she made it clear that she was going with him.

Priscilla: I'm coming with you Tommy, and that's final.

Tom: alright.

While Tom was driving, his mind was racing with thoughts of his brother and if he was going to be okay.
Priscilla saw this and she held his hand that wasn't on the steering wheel and she interlocked her fingers with his and she kissed the back of his hand and she rested her head on his shoulder to try and calm him down.

Priscilla: he going to be okay Tommy, you'll see.

Tom: yeah, you're right.

A short while later, they finally arrived at the hospital and they got out of Tom's car and he locked it up and they headed to the reception desk and Tom asked for the ward that his brother is on.

The receptionist told Tom what ward Josh was on and Tom rushed straight to the ward with Priscilla right there at his side.

They sat down in the waiting area and Priscilla grabbed a hold of Tom's hand and she lightly brushed her thumb up and down the palm of his hand.
While they were still waiting, Tom started to tell Priscilla about the reason why he is so close with his brother as well as his father.

Tom: when I was a little kid, about six years old, there was a fire that happened at the family home and it had grew to be a massive one, like to the point where the whole house had been burnt to the ground before the fire department managed to put it out completely.
Our dad was at work and our mum was also working but this particular night, she was at home and she was asleep and the strong smell of smoke woke her up and when she opened her eyes, she couldn't even see too far because the fire had quickly gotten out of control.
She had gotten out of bed and she tried navigating her way through the house and at one point, she was knocked unconscious by a blast.
She then woke up and slowly made her way through the house and she managed to knock the door down, an example of a mother's strength when he kids are in danger.
She was coughing badly, like really bad but she wasn't concerned about that, she just wanted to get me and Josh out of the house before it was too late.
But from outside of the house, our dad was trying to get inside but some of the firefighters were holding him back from going inside.
Our mum managed to pick us both up and carry us out of the house and she made her way over to our dad who took us both off our mum and held us in his arms.
But then, my mum collapsed and the paramedics that were on site had got her into the back of the ambulance and they took her straight to the hospital, it was the very one we're in right now.
My dad had called one of his friends who came straight to the hospital and took us with her so that we could have a shower or bath to wash the stink of smoke from the fire off us.
They were nice enough to let us borrow some clothes from their kids that happened to have clothes the same size as us.
That's how I actually met Michael, one of my friends that works with me at my metal venue.
We stayed with them and seeing as no one could get some sleep, we decided to play some video games together to pass the time, if I remember rightly it was one of the old Tony Hawk pro skater games, it might have been the very first one.

Then, eventually in the early hours of the morning there was a knock at the door and we could hear our dad crying.
Me and my brother knew exactly what that meant and so we bolted downstairs and right into our dads arms.
He told us that our mum had died after she inhaled too much smoke from the fire and she had some burn marks on her as well but she must not have noticed, probably the adrenaline running through her body.