Chapter 10: The Aftermath

Tom had just woken up in the hospital after having a near death experience due to falling down to the main floor of his house due to the flooring in his bedroom collapsing when his house was completely ablaze.

The doctors were surrounding him and one of them whose name is Dr. Shaw.

Dr. Shaw: hello ? Mr. Morgan ? Can you hear me ?

Tom could only manage a weak nod in response and so Dr. Shaw continued to make sure that Tom was as okay as he could be.

Dr. Shaw: Mr. Morgan ? I'm going to need you to not move okay, just relax as much as you can and conserve your energy, we will get you some water as soon as you're strong enough to sit upright.

Tom tried to speak but all he could manage was a weakened grumble, he couldn't move much even though he was trying to move and so Dr. Shaw tried to get him to stop moving.

Dr. Shaw: Mr. Morgan please, don't move and just stay calm.

Tom over heard Dr. Shaw talk to his colleagues about all the injuries that he sustained from the house fire.

Dr. Shaw: okay so we have a 30 year old Caucasian male with black hair and facial hair and dark brown eyes, he's sustained multiple wounds, bruises, his right leg is broken and he's fractured some ribs on his right side and a dislocated right shoulder and has suffered a stage three concussion and has only woken up here at the hospital.

As he heard what the doctor said, Tom thought "bollocks, I guess that means I'm out of fucking work thanks to that bastard fire, well done you silly twat... mind you, Cairo is okay and no one else is hurt, so there's that".

Tom grunted as he heard Dr. Shaw talking to him.

Dr. Shaw: hello ? Mr. Morgan ? Are you still with us ?

Tom: (weakened grunt)

Dr. Shaw: okay Mr. Morgan, we're going to get you straight to the operating room so we can get you fixed okay ?

Tom: (weakened grunt)

As Dr. Shaw and his colleagues took Tom to the operating room, Priscilla, Josh and Taylor, Charlie, Michael, Daniel and Andrea were all in the waiting room and they were all nervous for as they all wanted to hear some good news about Tom and not have to hear the worst.

Priscilla was sat on a chair next to Taylor and Josh and he leg was bouncing out of anxiousness and her arms were folded and the tears on her face were starting to dry and all she could think about was Tom and she was hoping to see him again but she couldn't escape the thought of Tom possibly not making it out this alive and everybody around her could tell.

Josh: hey Priscilla ? Are you alright ?

Priscilla: the man I love might not possibly make it out of this, how do you think I'm doing ? I'm worried sick about him, Josh.

Josh: and you don't think I'm worrying about him ? He was my brother long before he was ever even a thought in your head so don't even think about it.

Charlie: hey hey hey, let's not get into an argument okay, Tom wouldn't like that we're arguing.

Taylor: that's true, he'll be okay, won't he ?

Andrea: he will.

Daniel: yeah, that's right.

Michael: he's mine and Andrea's best friend, I've known him the longest and have seen him at his worst in the past, what a lot of you here won't know is how tough he really is, back when his and Josh's mom had passed away, he was trying his absolute best to put on a tough face for his dad and Josh so that they didn't have to worry about him so much, even though they could tell that he wasn't okay, he'd just lost his mom but he was still trying to make sure everyone else was okay.
One day, I saw him crying by himself in the boys restroom in high school during lunchtime and when I was inside there, he came out of a cubicle and he stopped in his tracks when he saw me stood there looking at him.
He quickly made his way to the sink and washed his face with water and then as he went to leave, he wouldn't look me in the eyes but I could tell that there was some pain there, he'd been bottling it up ever since he was a kid.