The van stopped on the side of the road and Tommy climbed out, walking round the back. "She's heating up curly, have a look"

Curly got out of the van and went to check what the issue was. "Let me out for a piss" Charlie huffed. "That's no way to speak when there's a lady about" Arthur scolded, jokingly.

Micheal took the food from the bag, unwrapping them. "She made loads, you want one?" he offered John. Florence leaned over John, snatching it from Michael's hand.

"What the bloody hells that?" Arthur asked. "Sandwiches" Florence spoke, covering her mouth. "Ham i think, shrimp paste" Micheal nodded.

"There's tea, we'll all have to take turns cause there's only one cup"

Florence forced back her laugh at her brother to stop herself from choking. John grabbed the bottle, unscrewing the lid.

"What?" he asked Arthur who was looking at him. "Sandwiches?" he asked. "Yeah?"

"Polly made bloody sandwiches"

"What's this? Teddy bears fucking picnic?" Charlie asked. "I don't understand what the problem is about Polly wanted to feed us" Florence shrugged.

"All right" Tom cleared his throat. "We will drink the tea and eat the sandwiches then we will drive on, no crumbs Charlie"

"Heard em up Arthur, you fat bastard" John joked. "Fuck off"

-

"All right lads, and Florence. This is a  respectable event you must act accordingly, no weapons, no drinking. John we will stay together, you keep an eye on Florence. When our horse comes up, i'll bid" Tommy spoke as they travelled the stairs.

"I've already registered with the auctioneer he knows to expect my bids"

"Do i get to run a hand over her?" Curly stuttered. "We have a vets report. Keep an eye open when she walks" Tommy nodded.

"I've got a feeling Tom, something isn't right" Curly whispered.

"Come on, keep up" John grabbed the girl who had shifted her attention the the people walking by.

"It's alright curly, you're just in an unfamiliar place, we all are"

"I get feelings sometimes"

"It's all right curly" Tommy assured. "Shut up Curly" Arthur hissed. They looked down at the horse and Florence held the railing.

"Do i hear 450? Do i hear 500,500, 1600? 1,700, thank you" the man below shouted.

"1,900, 2000, 2100,2200"

Florence looked over at the woman on the opposite side with dark hair who was staring at their group.

The announcer continued announcing prices. "Morals of Marcus, Sedgemere Stud , well start the bidding at 800 guineas" The next horse was brought out.

Florence let out a gasp. "It's beautiful"

"That's ours" Tommy whispered to the girl.  Tommy leaned forward, watching the horse walk around. "Do i hear 800 guineas?" the man asked. "850?" Tommy nodded. "Do i hear nine? Nine, am i bid"

The man continued. "One thousand, do i hear one thousand and fifty-" Tommy nodded again and Florence glanced back over at the woman who had also began betting for the horse.

The prices rose, getting closer to our budget. "That's it tom" Charlie said. "You have to stop"

"You don't have it in your belt" Arthur said. "Yes i do, i'm having the horse,"

"She's a sweet beast, Tom but stop i feel something bad" Curly mentioned again. "Shut up, Curly"

The prices continued getting higher.

"Two thousand and fifty? Sold to Mr?"

"Thomas Shelby" Tommy announced, his hands in his pockets. Micheal placed his hand on his sisters back as they followed after Tommy.

They waited as the horse got signed over to Tommy.

"Stop" Florence hissed as John playfully pulled her hair. She reached up, knocking his hat off his head.

"You beat us to it?" The woman from earlier asked Tommy as he left the room. "Did i?"

"Well i was trying to nab a filly for my stud"

"I'm sorry" he shrugged. "Thomas Shelby, from where?" she asked. "Birmingham" he said bluntly. "Goodness"

"No not much"

"May Carleton" she held her hand out. "I breed racehorses and train them, what is it you do?"

"I rarely answer questions is what i do"

"Tommy! Come on, hurry up, we've got to go" Arthur shouted. John snorted of laughter at the interaction between Tom and the woman.

"Tommy we've got to get these kids back by dark or Polly will have your balls" John shouts.

"She will av em"

The rest of the Shelby men laughed, waiting for Tommy. "Tommy we have to get back to the caravans, the chickens are hungry" Arthur tormented.

Florence and Micheal laughed.

They all walked back out, John and Micheal still laughing. "It's the fucking truth John boy, Rich women these days" Arthur spoke. "All they want is working class cock"

"I'm still here Arthur" Florence reminded him. "My apologies"

"Tommy, maybe she was the something i had a bad feeling about" Curly mentioned. "She looked all right to me, Curly" John said.

A man sat at the table, his head down.

"Micheal, somethings not right" she whispered to her brother, cringing at the sinking feeling in her stomach.

The thing was, Florence, like curly, got feelings.

"Micheal you drive" Tommy threw the keys at him. "Thomas Shelby" the man spoke, pulling out a gun. Micheal grabbed Florence, pulling her too the floor. Arthur grabbed the man's wrist, pointing it upwards and head butting him.

Another came round the corner. "Tommy down!" John shouted, shooting the other man. Florence held her ears, keeping herself against the wall.

Tommy pointed his gun in the air, looking around.

"Tommy Shelby? How about fucking Arthur"

Arthur continuously punched the man's face, blood flying everywhere. Micheal stood in front of Florence, staring at them.

They ragged Arthur away.

Florence stood wide eyed. "He's still breathing, don't get blood on the kid. Micheal, Florence, you didn't see a thing. This didn't happen"

"Give me the keys"

Florence stood, almost frozen. "Micheal give me the keys"

"I'm all right to drive," Micheal whispered. "Alright go on,"

Micheal ran off, leaving Florence where she stood, still trying to figure out what had happened. "Florence go" He said.
John wrapped an arm around her shoulder, ushering her outside.