7

"Put a smile on your face, Florence, we can't let Tommy down" Micheal whispered as they opened the door, walking into where Polly sat.

"So?" she stood. "How did it go?"

"It was cold in the van but, super, really" he nodded. "Let me smell your breath" Polly said.

"Did they behave themselves?"

"They were amazing, mum" he assured her. "Really amazing"

"Am i okay to go to bed, i'm quite tired" Florence stared at the floor. "Yeah, go on love," Polly smiled, dismissing the girl.

She slowly walked to her bedroom, her eyes wide as the moment from earlier replayed in her head. Florence changed into a night dress and pulled back the thin sheets, laying on the bed.

-

"You might think this is a curious place for me to suggest a meeting, But the surprises have only just begun" Inspector Campbell spoke, opening the door.

"You look a little unsteady, Mr Shelby" he said as Tommy looked at at the pair who sat at the table. "Take a seat"

"You're working together..blowing up the Garrison was your idea." Tommy scoffed, "you chose me, it's funny i thought the Fenians had a policy"

"Enough" the woman spoke.

"Of not mixing the personal with the political" he continued. "I said enough."

"I think i'll decide on what is enough" Inspector intervened.

"Who's in charge here then?" Tommy shouted. "Who's in charge? Let me understand this, you answer to an agent of the crown, very interesting"

"Perhaps we can stick to the agenda" Campbell said. "Whose agenda?"

"There is a form of words here-"

"Whose words?"

"Arrogant bastards" the man sat beside the woman said. "Im not accustomed to be spoke to like that" Tommy frowned.

"Just come to order"

"Im here to listen but not to the fucking infantry"

"Enough Jesus, there. Some weeks ago, Mr Shelby carried out a military mission on behalf of pro-treaty Republicans here in Birmingham"

"You" Tommy pointed. "Working for the king" he scoffed. "There is a unique political situation" Irene said, "Yeah? How does that feel" Tommy leaned forward. "Tell me"

" How does that fucking feel"

"Temporarily we have shared interest"

They continued arguing for minutes.

-

"Florence, get in here" John shouted from the betting den. "What is it, John? I'm busy" she sighed. "Thought you'd want to meet Isiah," he nodded toward the boy.

The boy smiled at her. "Hi" she said, growing nervous.

John laughed at the interaction. "He's one of us, you'll be seeing a lot more of him" John looked over at her. She nodded. "Well, i'll be on my way," Isiah placed his hands in his pockets, looking at the girl once more before leaving.

"How old is he?" she asked. "Turns seventeen not long after you turn 15" He sighed. "You like him don't you"

She scoffed, rolling her eyes. "Don't be ridiculous, i've only just met him"

He shrugged. "Do you think he's good looking?" he asked. She thought for a moment, nodding. "There you go then" he shrugged.

"Will you take me down to the stables?" she asked. He looked at her, raising his eyebrows. "Please?"

"Florence," he began. "You were supposed to take me the other day" she complained. He ran a hand over his forehead. "Fine, get your fucking coat on"

She clapped her hands together and shrugged her coat over her shoulders.

Over the weeks that her and Micheal had been around the Shelby Family, Florence had taking a liking toward John, realising they got along fairly well and he was kind to her. Treated her as if she was his own sister.

-

Peaky Blinders charged through the Eden club, attacking people. "Right boys let's go" Arthur shouted.

People began screaming as they watched blood fly everywhere, faces getting slashed.

Arthur smashed a bottle over someone's head.

"Mario!" he shouted, looking around. Mario rushed back up the stairs, "Mario" he repeated, following the man. Mario turned around and Arthur ginned, hitting him in the face with a bottle.

"Come here" he slammed Mario into the bar, glass shattering as he dragged him along.

"Sabini's day is done" Arthur shouted. Arthur grabbed a half smashed glass. "I'll protect you now" He stuck it into the skin on Mario's face.

"Oh shut up" he hissed at the screams, throwing Mario to the floor.

"Stop fucking whinging. Due to my razor blade, and a few complaints from the neighbours" he began, "about the terrible fucking music,"

He dragged Mario from the floor. "Do you wanna tell em or should i" he asked.

"This place is under new management, by order of the peaky blinders" he spoke into the microphone.

-

Micheal walked into Tommys office. "Micheal" Tommy nodded.

Micheal smiled softly. "Vacancy's been filled" Tommy sipped from a glass. "Not according to this morning paper" Micheal placed it down, clearing his throat.

He sat down.

"At school i was top of the class in mathematics" he stated, "and i did a night school course in accountancy at Worcester College"

Tommy crossed his arms. "I thought it was your sister who was smart?"

"It is, in a different way though, she can feel things. She can read people like books"

"Hm, she's definitely Polly's daughter"

"Mum says you've had six different accountant clerks in the last six months" he paused, "when respectable men see the things they do, they leave"

"Well i, like Lizzie out there, already know what you do. Mum said you went to be 80 percent legal within two years"

"Three"

"I can help" Micheal offered. "I know both sides and you know you can trust me"

"I want to help you Tommy, become legal"