21

"Right" Florence began, following the Shelby brothers through the rain. "What about coppers?" she asked.

"What about them?" John laughed, throwing an arm over her shoulder, She laughed at him, checking the bullets in her pistol and pushing the door to the Five Bells open. She pointed the gun to the air, firing it. People fell to the floor, screaming.

John and Arthur grabbed people, throwing punches. A man slowly approached Florence from behind and he raised his fist. She turned quickly, grabbing his arm. "Evening," she smiled, hitting the side of his head with the gun.

He fell to the floor groaning and Finn repeatedly kicked his stomach. "Get out the fucking pub" she shouted, pointing her gun at people, Arthur and John dragging men outside.

"I said fucking get out" she repeated, launching an empty whiskey glass at a wall beside a group of boys who stood laughing. "By order of the Peaky fucking Blinders" she hissed. Their smiles dropped and they scurried away. "Florence come on, we're done here" Finn placed a hand on her back, pushing her toward the door.

Arthur walked away, rinsing his hands under water that fell from a pipe.

"Well done, Florence, girl" John shook her shoulders, looking at Arthur. "Arthur what are you doing?" he asked, Arthur began walking. "Arthur, we're going to the garrison"

"No, im going home, John"

"Go fuck yourself Arthur, yeah fuck off" he shouted.

-

Florence stumbled into Tommy's office building once more, holding onto desks for support. "Thomas" she shouted, walking through the doors. "Fucking hell, Flo" he sighed, helping her sit down.

She threw her gun onto his desk, throwing his head back. "Have you been drinking?"

"Yeah went to the Garrison with John after we took the Five Bells" she said, running a hand through her hair. "You did well then?" he asked. She hummed.

"Well" he sighed, sitting down and pouring her a water. "I may have another job for you"

"And whats that?"

"Finishing off the Changretta boy whilst he is in hospital"

She groaned loudly, half joking. "You just want me to be your hit man, dont you Tom, your little assasin"

"Well, you're the only one who will do it without second thought" he shrugged. "Right, Tommy" she stopped him. "i know im slightly insane," she tapped her head. "But so is Arthur"

"Not like you he's not, he has to think twice before doing things. You just do then"

She let out a laugh, pointing a finger at him. "Thats right, Thomas"

"How much have you drank?" he asked, cracking a smile at her behavior. "I dont want to talk about it, too much" she whispered.

"So," she sat straight. "You want me to kill Angel Changretta?" she asked. He nodded. "What about coppers and doctors"

"Arthur will take care of them"

"You're going to have to start paying me" she joked. "Making me do your dirty work"

"Well, if you want money, i can pay ten bob for killing Angel Changretta" he offered, putting out his cigarette. "Ten bob?" she raised her eyebrows. He nodded. Florence extended her arm. "Shake on it" she said seriously.

He grinned, shaking her hand. "Pleasure doing business with you"

"Florence, you say that after the business is done" he frowned. Her mouth fell open. "Well" Florence bit her lip. She glanced over at the clock.

"Right, come on you, i'll send you home with Micheal" he said, pulling her from the chair.

"What the bloody bell is Micheal still doing here?" she asked. "He's got a job and he's good at it Florence"

"What are we telling him, why am i here, Tommy"

He ignored her, supporting her as they walked down to her brother office. "Micheal" Tommy shouted. "Take your sister home will you"

"What the fuck" Micheal closed his eyes, sighing.

"What the fuck are you doing here, Flo?" he asked, taking the girl. "She was out drinking with John, had a bit too much and didn't know where to go, isn't that right" Tommy said bluntly. The girl hummed, holding her head.

"What have i told you about drinking with John" he hissed, throwing his arm underneath her own.

"Please, brother, for the love of god don't lecture me now" she moaned, walking slowly with him. "Get her home safe, Micheal. And Florence, remember i need you tomorrow" he reminded her.

"Yeah..yeah" Florence waved him away.

-

Florence carefully walked from her bedroom and stopped outside the room her mother and Micheal sat in, pushing the door slightly to listen in.

"She was out with fucking John?" Polly asked. Micheal stayed quiet, biting his tongue.

"Comes home, drunk nearly every day, Micheal, she's not right" Polly insulted. "Stop" Micheal warned. "Excuse me?" she asked. "I said stop" he raised his voice. "I don't allow people to talk bad on my sisters name. I never have and i never will" he looked away from her.

Polly stepped toward her son.

"She's going insane, just like Arthur. Do you not remember when she killed that boy-"

Micheal stood up, aggressively grabbing Polly's shoulders.

"My sister could not help what she did that night. She cannot help when she gets in such a state, mum, you need to understand that, you need to understand and help her. Just like you help me, just like you help Arthur,"

Florence's eyes grew slightly watery as she pushed the door open, letting them know she was stood listening.

Polly's heart dropped. "Florence" she whispered.

"Insane?" Florence asked, scoffing. Micheal let out a frustrated breath. "Are you not going to apologise, or, or i don't know, say that's not what you meant? Like any other mother would do? Or are you going to ignore me like you've done ever since i got here." She hit her hand on the door frame.

"I am your kid too, mum" her voice cracked. "I am your kid, i want to be treated like it"

Micheal wrapped an arm around her. "Come on" he urged. "You need to go to bed"

She shoved him away. "You can't even look at me, can you?"

Polly lit a cigarette. "Look me in the eyes, mum, tell me i'm insane, go on" She tormented. "Or can you not do it? Can you not fucking look me in the eye?" she shouted.

"Enough" Micheal shouted. "Enough" he lowered his voice.

"You know, i see your sister every time you walk into a room, i see Anna, in you Florence." She said quietly. "But it's not Anna, because anna is dead"

"That's not my fault" Florence dug her nails into her palms. "I just want to be loved, for once in my life, i want to understand how it feels"