61

Florence winced as she grabbed her belongings, pushing them into a bag and holding the metal of the bed to pull herself up. "Miss Gray" A nurse came in. "You can't leave" she said.

"I'm leaving, by order of the peaky blinders" she hissed, pushing past her.

The nurse stepped back, staying quiet.

After the incident that had happened during the attempted assassination of Mosley, Florence was shot and kept in hospital. Until she had someone speak to an exchange girl and list all the conversations that had taken place over the phone that week. That's when Florence found out Gina had told someone about the planned attack and sent someone after her.

-

Tommy looked at the ringing phone, picking it up. "Hello"

"Mr Shelby i imagine you're curious as to who it was who prevented the assassination last night." Laura spoke, sitting in Tommys main office. "If you look out your window you'll see a flag of truce. It's a unit of volunteers bringing the bodies of your dead to you to send to heaven in your own way. Last night's operation was carried out by soldiers from three Dublin brigades of the Irish Republican Army. We need to keep Mr Mosley alive. That's all you need to know. Also you should know that saving his life wasn't our only intervention last night. We've made some changes to the structure of your organisation."

Tommy put the phone down, walking out to the three bodies wrapped in cloth. Florence stood with Lizzie at the window, holding a cup of tea.

Barney Thomason, Aberama Gold. He moved to the last one, kneeling down and cutting the rope, removing the cloth. A hand moved to his mouth. Florence's heart dropped. She dropped her glass, letting it shatter and ran outside

She froze, watching as Tommy covered his mouth, crying.

"Mum" she whispered. "Tommy" she said.

-

They all stood before the wagon that held Polly's body. Florence glared at Gina, watching Micheal start the fire. Gina stayed to the side as Florence held Michael's arm.

Tommy stared blankly at the fire.

A soft cry left Florence's mouth as Micheal held her. "Mum.." he began. "It was the ambitions and strategies of one man that caused this, i swear in the name of almighty god, no matter what it takes, how many lies i have to tell. I will take revenge on Tommy Shelby" he looked behind him, placing his head on his head.

Micheal grabbed Florence's arm, placing a kiss on her forehead and walking to Gina.

They're mother was dead. One of the only things they had was dead. Despite the poor relationship between Polly and Florence, it broke her heart to know that they'd never see each other again.

-
1933
Act five/ season 6

"Tommys on his way to France, i'll be meeting him there tomorrow" Florence said to Isiah, picking up their son, Toby. Who they had not long after they got married. "Is this for the meeting with Micheal?" he asked. She hummed, placing the boy down and checking her watch.

"Still baffles me that he hasn't reached out, not once since he left" Florence sighed, sitting opposite him.

"Well," Isiah sighed, "more of a reason for you to hate him, eh?" he suggested.