16 (act two)

2 years later
1924

Florence watched as Micheal hung Karl over the edge, making him laugh. Today was Tommy's day, he was marrying Grace. A barmaid who years prior had betrayed him. Ironic.

"Look at the faces on them bastards" she pointed, snorting slightly. John laughed, looking over at the Cavalry men.

He grinned, shaking his head.

"Here come the fucking cavalry, late as usual" John scoffed, staring over at the door once the music began playing.

That's when Grace appeared, a purple fucking dress and veil on.

"How traditional" Florence whispered, shaking her head. Grace was accompanied by her father, also cavalry.

"It's a wonder she can see through that thing" Isaiah said causing Florence to cover her mouth.

Tommy carefully removed the veil from Grace's face and she had to admit Grace did look gorgeous. They turned to Jeremiah.

"Dearly beloved," he began, "we are gathered here today to join together in holy matrimony, Thomas Micheal Shelby and Grace Helen Burgess"

"Do you, Thomas Micheal Shelby take Grace Helen Burgess to be your lawful wedded wife?" he asked. "I do" Tommy said.

"Do you, Grace Helen Burgess, solemnly swear to love, honour and obey till death do you apart"

Grace nodded slightly. "I do"

"I now pronounce you husband and wife" Jeremiah finished.

They turned to each other, leaning in. "Go on Tom" John shouted. Claps and cheers erupted from the Shelby side of the hall.

Everyone gathered outside the hall to take pictures. "Go on, take the photograph" Arthur shouted.

Tommys eyes landed on a man who was in conversation with one of the girls. He placed his jacket over Grace's shoulder and continued walking to the car, helping Grace up.

"Arthur, get the bastards in the house"

"I will, i will. John! John boy. Get em in the house, all of em" he shouted, turning away.

"Tired already?" Isaiah teased, the girl who was yawning. "Yeah these fucking cavalry are boring me"

-

Florence walked alongside Micheal who was lighting a cigarette.

"All right, Pol, tell all the Lee girls i've counted all the paintings. And, Pol, some people here are not on the list" he whispered.

"Curly, Charlie, kitchen" Arthur pushed through the crowd. "Time?" Charlie asked, "five minutes"

"Actually we were told on the train there'd be cocaine" A girl stopped Arthur. He ignored her and continued.

"Jeremiah, John boy, Isiah, kitchen"

"What" Florence asked, frowning when Arthur ignored her. Isiah shrugged. "Back in a minute" he said departing from her.

"I swear to God them fucking Calvary boys are asking for it" John shook his head.

Grace stood entertaining a group of people, growing slightly awkward at Tommy's absence. "I just wish Tommy was here" she told one of them.

-

The boys joined Tommy in the kitchen. "Where are they?" Tom asked. "I don't know Tommy" Johnny shook his head.

"Where are Arthur, John and Isiah"

"I am telling you now we got lost" Arthur said, finally joining them. "You really need to do a map Thomas"

Micheal ushered Arthur to hurry up, stopping in front of Tommy.

Tommy lit a cigarette. "Right, boys, you're all here." he shared, looking around, "today, this is my fucking wedding day."

"Yeah and you said there'd be no bloody uniforms" John said.

"Nevertheless, nevertheless, John" Tommy raised his voice, "despite the bad blood, i'll have none of it on my carpet"

"Now for Grace's sake, nothing will go wrong." he nodded. "Those bastards out there are her family. And if you fuckers do anything to embarrass her, your kin, your cousins, your horses, your fucking kids, you do anything.."

"Tom" John said. "What!" he shouted. "What about snow?" Isiah asked.

"No cocaine" He pointed at Isiah, "No sport, no telling fortunes, no racing" he looked at John. "No fucking sucking petrol out their fucking cars" he grabbed Finn's face.

"And you, Charlie, stop spinning yarns about me, eh" he shouted. "I'm just tying to sell you to them Tom"

"But the main thing is, despite the provocation from the cavalry, no fighting" he nodded. "Oi" he shouted at Isiah.

"No fighting" he pointed at him, "no fucking fighting" he pointed at john, moved to Arthur. "No fighting"

He turned.

"No fucking fighting" he shouted.

He then went to grab his suit jacket, a butler knocking into him. He turned, shoving him away. "Get the fuck off me"