Epilogue

5 years later

Florence smiled as laughs filled the air. She watched as the eleven year old Toby ran through the field, away from his five year old sister Avery. "Kids, don't go too far," she shouted, shielding her eyes from the sun.

Isiah joined her, looking out at the field.

"They remind me of me and Micheal, before we came to Birmingham," she said, leaning into him. "There was a field just like this one, we would play football and i'd get my dresses all muddy" Florence smiled slightly. Isiah looked down at her. "We can give these children the life you never got to have, Flo" he said, rubbing her shoulder.

Florence nodded in agreement.

"Did you read the newspaper?" he questioned. Florence hummed in response. "Ada finally became a politician, eh?" she laughed.

"Arthur has sent a letter, it's in the drawing room"

"Keep an eye on the kids," she walked back into the house, into the drawing room and picking up the letter.

Dear Florence,
If you weren't already aware, i'm five years sober. I thought it was only right if i informed you as you are half the reason i'm the man i am today. You helped me, Florence, we
helped each other. And i'm severely grateful for that. I hope you and Isiah and the children are well, i hope to see you soon. I miss you terribly. If you couldn't tell, Linda helped me write this. I'm hopeless at these things, you see. And i know it would of been easier to call, but i wasn't so sure what i wanted to say. Christmas is coming up, and both me and Linda would love to see you.

Love Arthur x

Florence smiled softly at the words he'd written, she was happy that he was doing well, proud of him.

Since Isiah and Florence decided to move to the country, they hadn't seen Arthur at all. But he still wrote to her, he never forgot. Because deep down, Florence was his saviour, during all them years, she was the one who saved him. Even if she didn't know it, he definitely did. Florence had came to an agreement with Isiah that although they'd cut ties with the Shelby family, she still had to be reachable for Arthur's sake.

-
December 25th 1939

"Who's this?" Toby asked, joining Florence who stood patiently at the front door as a car pulled up. "It's Arthur," she said, placing a hand on his shoulder. Excitement filled the boy as his lips parted.

They stood straight as Linda stepped out of the car, her and Arthur's son beside them.

Arthur swallowed hard, stepping out and running a hand over his clothes. He let out a breath, walking to Florence and pulling her into a tight hug. "Forgot what you looked like," he joked. "Hello, Arthur" she whispered, holding him.

"You look well," she complimented, holding the back of his neck.

"Thank you, Florence." he nodded, growing slightly nervous. "Isiah is in the drawing room," she said, dismissing him.

Florence looked at Linda and smiled at her. The two embraced each other.

Despite how much Florence had despised the woman all them years ago, she couldn't help but feel relief when she'd seen her at the door.

"We got presents for the kids" she held up a bag. "Thank you, Linda, please, come in."

The two joined the boys in the drawing room where piles of presents sat. "Okay, sit down" she told her kids. Florence kneeled down beside the Christmas tree, handing a pile of presents to Billy.

The four watched happily as the children ripped the presents apart, shouting loudly in excitement.

"Mum, look!" Avery shouted, holding up the toy. Florence put on a shocked expression, looking at what she held. "That's beautiful isn't it?"

That night, both family's sat sharing stories that happened during their time apart. And Florence had to admit, despite her anger and despair toward the Shelby Family, she'd missed Arthur dearly.

And with that, Florence Gray-Jesus finally got her happy ending, along with Arthur Shelby. She was finally free from the Shelby curse that killed both her brother and mother. Florence had finally gotten the help she needed, and although, deep inside her, that capability to grow angry still sat inside her, she never needed to feel that way anymore.

-

A/N

Finally finished, i'd like your honest opinions on the book, don't be scared to be negative. Criticism is helpful!