63

"Come on, come on. God if Polly was still here she'd never have let it get this bad" Ada whispered as she helped Arthur who lay asleep beside the table. "Come on, come on, Arthur" she slapped him. "Arthur. I'm not Polly, but i'm still your fucking sister. You swore to me you'd stop using"

He sniffed. "It's Christmas day, Ada, Christmas Day."

"Yes it's Christmas" she shouted. "So where the fuck are the fucking presents?" she asked. He mumbled a few words. She sighed. "Great, my brother, off his face on junk"

He groaned. "Every day is a question without an answer, a leak without a bucket. Me without a clue what to do" she sighed. "Fuck" she walked out.

"I love you, Ada" he whispered.

-

Tommy picked up the phone. "Put me through to Detective Lawrence at St John's harbour Marine Police. Yeah i'm calling from Miquelon Island. From the police station. There is a boat leaving the island now, heading across the border, when it docks at St John's, a man named Micheal Gray will board a ferry to Boston. Listen very carefully, he's wearing a dark coat, blue suit and carrying a black briefcase. Inside the briefcase is five pound of pure, refined opium. A concerned citizen. Yeah my name is Mr Jones" he said, putting it down.

"Betrayal," Florence nodded. "Yea, Flo, betrayal, just like what he did to me and what Gina did to you"

-

Karl looked at the ringing phone. "You gonna answer it?" he asked. "No i don't work for him anymore" Ada said. He stepped toward it. "It might be important"

"That's why i don't want to answer it"

"Can i answer it?" he asked. "No" she said. She picked it up, "hello, mhm, fuck" she hissed.

-

Ada walked through China town, looking at Arthur who lay unconscious. "Do you know who this man is?" she asked. They all shook their head. She sighed, sitting down and pulling out a pen, writing Arthur Shelby's on his chest. "All right, come on Arthur" she sighed. "Ada" he sighed.

"His brother, Thomas Shelby, says don't serve him opium ever again. Or someone will write Arthur Shelby's name on your chest with a bayonet"

-

"So..what the fuck?" Gina said, walking into Micheals cell. "We cant talk about anything in here," he told her. "I just wanted to see your face and smell your perfume."

"Tommy Shelby steps back into your life and right away, this is what happens?" she asked.

"No names in here"

"Sorry, lets just call him the devil." She shrugged. "Take a seat, Gina" Micheal nodded. "How is Laurence?" He asked, reffering to their child. "Oh, you know, missing his father. What the fuck happened Micheal?"

"Its in hand" he sighed. "Whose hand?" she asked. "No, really, whose fucking hand Micheal? Hm?"

"Like everything else in this city, its in the hand of your uncle Jack. I need him to get the charges lifted and get me out of here"

"I already talked to him. He told me what the devil proposed. Tommy Shelby wants to do business with Jack Nelson?" She raised her eyebrows. "He wants to take on Boston?"

"No one is taking on anyone, its in hand. The deals are being made at a high level, but there are some people at the middle and lower levels who cannot be trusted."