57

Florence stood in the busy room of Tommys house, laying eyes on Gina and Micheal. He was telling her about the deal. She looked away from him, looking back to talk. Suddenly her eyes widened. The price, that's what had gotten her.

Florence chuckled at Gina's ways, grabbing a glass of Champagne and swigging it.

"So did you know?" Lizzie asked Polly, standing opposite Florence. "What? Oh that tonight's special guest may have fucked you when you were a nightclub hostess? Yeah. Lizzie if we were to strike form our guest list, every man from Birmingham who-"

"Fuck" Lizzie whispered. "Yes or no?" she asked. "Fucking yea"

"Shit"

"Mr Oswald, my wife, Lizzie. Lizzie, Sir Oswald Mosley" Tommy introduced. They looked at each other. "Since we all appear to know and since knowledge is permission, i'm sure Mr Shelby in the spirit of our honest relationship you won't mind me saying, it was a bottle of champagne and an evening well spent"

Florence scoffed. "Actually it was an evening wasted" Lizzie corrected,. "For the champagne and brandy you bought me, as i recall it was the booze that put you to sleep a little prematurely" she said, throwing a coin into his drink.

Florence bit her lip, grinning.

-

Everyone sat watching as a dance was performed in front of them, A swan dance. Polly discretely disappeared outside of the tent.

Tommy leaned forward, frowning at Arthur who was asleep, he then leaned backwards, looking at Micheal and Florence. They looked at him. He nodded toward Arthur and Micheal tapped him. Arthur grunted and looked at Tommy, sitting straight.

Florence's eyes diverted to the car approaching outside.

-

Arthur stood in front of the headlines, squinting when Linda appeared. "I heard there was a family occasion?" she said. "Look i'm sorry, Linda, that animal inside me, it comes out and i can't stop it"

Florence watched from the fountain.

"Fuck, Linda, without you, come inside please" he begged. "His name was Frederick, all we did was talk, Arthur. He just listened. And now he has no face. he's as ugly on the outside as you are on the inside"

She pulled a gun and Florence's eyes widened. "May you peaky blinders all rot.."

Florence pulled her own gun. "In fucking hell" Linda shouted. A gun sounded out it wasn't Arthur who fell.

She looked as Tommy appeared. "Arthur" he asked.

They all looked over their shoulder at Polly who held a gun. Linda lay on the floor. "Mum" she whispered.

-

They cleared the table, laying a screaming Linda on it. "Outside, till it's done, brother" Tommy urged, pushing Arthur away. Linda groaned, screaming as Tommy searched her wound.

"Linda, i would've taken your bullet" Arthur kneeled beside her. "I deserve the bullet"

"An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth" Linda screamed. Arthur stepped away. Florence held her down. "Linda, look at me" Tommy said. "You've got a kid if you die, he'll come to us to raise"