Pirates Party

"Adelaide? I haven't seen you in seven years!" Scott approached the black haired girl, his blue ball gown swaying around him.

"Scott! You had me worried sick when you left! And Acho too!" Adelaide embraced her ex-fiancé, "Gone with no warning! I thought you were dead!"

"I wanted to come and see you but your father would have handed me over to my father without a second thought and I didn't want you to be wrapped up in it all," Scott returned the embrace, holding his friend close.

"We were engaged Scott! We may not have loved each other romantically, with us both being gay and all, but I would have helped you," Adelaide rolled her eyes at Scott's stubbornness, some things really never changed.

"Speaking of both being gay, I'm back with Alex and have a few others for you to meet, big relationship, very gay, very confusing."

Adelaide finally pulled back, "And I have someone for you to meet too, my fiancée," she beamed.

"When you say fiancée...?" Scott started hesitantly.

"Father is as good as dead, I'm ruling as Regent and so I signed my own betrothal to the woman I love," Adelaide smiled cheekily.

"We love a girlboss," he chuckled as a girl around his age bound up to them.

"Adela!" She embraced the princess, "The pirates are so cool! One named Guqqie was talking to me about crystals and her partner Aimee said they'd teach me how to shoot properly!" She gushed excitedly.

"Aren't they just? Dawn, this is my dearest friend Scott, Amber's brother. He's also a pirate captain," Adelaide watched her fiancée's face light up.

"Hi!" Scott bounced on the balls of his feet.

"I don't know whether to bow, shake your hand or just hug you," Dawn admitted.

Scott pulled her in for a hug, positively beaming as she returned the embrace.

"Scott, I'm not saying look now but there is a guy eyeing you from across the lawn," Adelaide giggled.

Scott pulled back and turned around to see Sausage in a golden ballgown that Scott was one hundred percent certain belonged to Owen. He was also one hundred percent short circuiting, "Pretty..."

Sausage smirked and set his drink down, having Alexander escort him over to Scott, "Darling, introduce me to these lovely lasses won't you? Is lasses the right term for you now I think of it?"

"Yeah, lasses is fine, thanks for asking!" Adelaide was very much trying not to laugh.

"Dearest, don't be rude," Alex smoothed out his blue suit with gold accents, a perfect combination of Scott and Sausage's gowns. He was being cocky since he knew both of the girls.

"This is Princess Adelaide, Princess Regent of Cralton and her fiancé Dawn, whose title I do not know," Scott managed to stutter out.

"Duchess of Avlexa," Dawn offered, lacing her hands in front of her.

"A pleasure to meet you, Your Majesty, Your Grace," Sausage kissed both ladies on their hands, "I am Sausage, Scott and Alex's boyfriend."

Before anyone could continue the conversation, a loud crash rang out, "Au revoir Ambre d'Avias (Goodbye Amber of Avias)!"

The gunshot that rang out was from the gun pointed at the heart of the Queen.

The bullet sped through the air towards the Queen, but it never hit her.

Scott's gut wrenching scream when Alexander fell to the floor, having jumped in front of the bullet for Amber, drowned out the noise of the Kites drawing their weapons to join the guards in capturing the rebel.

Sausage collapsed to his knees beside Scott, choking back tears as he felt his heart rip.

(The bottom of my planning for this angst to make me feel better):