Hospital

It wasn't healthy for Scott to spend all his time in the room with Alex in that state, unconscious and wounded.

The Kestrels had been able to take Sausage away to take care of himself but so far, no one has been able to pull Scott away from Alex's body.

If Flam hadn't been called away mere hours before the party, he might have been able to but alas, they were not there, they were on a ship back to the Faction Isles.

"Scott?" Came a voice from the door, "Walk with me," it was less a question and more a demand that left Gabriel's mouth, he was the last Heron to try get Scott to step out of the room.

Scott made his way off the floor begrudgingly, his eyes puffy and red, he hadn't stopped crying.

"Remind me again about how you became a Heron, Scott?" Gabriel's voice was less questioning and moreover leading Scott towards the answer as they left the hospital room within the palace.

"I was nineteen with nothing to my name except for a bag of my belongings and my brother when we sailed on my ship, we had heard of The Faction Isles from travellers in Avias," Scott started off, not seeing a point behind the activity.

"Go on dear," Gabriel urged gently, turning around a corner.

"I'd missed by a few islands, and lucky for us it was fully covered in mobs. I got stabbed by a zombie with a poison coated sword and I was utterly convinced I was a goner but I was willing to die if it meant Acho would get out alive and make it to the Isle. But it never came, death that is, because you, Eloise and Cleo were there and you brought us to the Isle."

Gabriel wrapped Scott's hand in his own, "And you lived, despite all odds, you lived. You lived until now didn't you? You lived just like Alex will live. I need you to believe me Scott, Alex will be alright."

Scott pulled his hand away, "Mhm," he hummed absently, turning away to walk up the tower stairs.

Gabriel assumed Scott was returning to Alex, he didn't try to stop him.