Permission

Across his desk sat a Kestrel and a Nightingale, two of his friends, yet Sausage had never been so nervous in his life, "First Mate Foster, Mr Denholm-Nightingale, thank you for agreeing to meet with me today for this important matter."

"Captain Sausage, to what do we owe the pleasure?" Acho was nervous and suspicious about the formality of the situation, Sausage was never the one for 'traditional stuffy nonsense' as he'd once or twice or more often than not called it.

"To put it simply, you are both as close to a next of kin as I could get for Scott and Alex and I already have Amber's blessing for this," Sausage reached his hand into his drawer and pulled out two boxes, setting them on his desk.

"Are you asking us what I think you are asking us?" Kyle eyed his captain, though in his heart, he was honoured to be considered that close to Alex to be included in the conversation.

"I love them. They are the lights of my life, the reasons I wake up in the morning, my darling angels. They are my reasons to stay alive and I love them. I promise to protect Scott with my life, until my death, forever and always. To Alex, I promise to care and provide, to cherish and to pamper. Mr Denholm-Nightingale, I ask permission to marry your brother and First Mate Foster, I humbly request permission to marry your dear friend," Sausage spoke like he hasn't rehearsed the speech hundreds of times in his mirror.

Kyle replied first, "Captain Sausage, you have my permission and support to propose to Alexander."

Acho's glare was protective and deadly, "If you hurt my brother, the Kestrels can find a new captain. As long as you promise to protect him, you have my blessing to marry Scott."

"Understood gentlemen, would either of you require a dowry paid?" The formal part was almost over.

"No," Kyle promised.

"I will not make you pay to marry my brother," Acho confirmed and moments later, Kyle pulled them all in to celebrate Sausage's plan.

"Drinks on me tonight," Sausage chuckled, smiling giddily as he hugged his friends, so happy he had received permission from both parties.