Friendship

Alex knocked on the door, his clothes, or more so Sausage's clothes, hung around his body.

"Hey new blood! Are you alright?" Kyle opened his door, frowning at the distant look in Alex's eyes.

"Couldn't sleep," he sounded so tired, and he was unsteady on his feet.

"Come in and lay down, I'm just reading some letters from back home," Kyle ushered him into the room.

Alex collapsed onto Kyle's bed, this day ripped his heart into a million pieces for similar reasons that it did Scott's; he too had come out to his parent the same day Scott did.

Kyle had a strong feeling in his gut that something was wrong, so he sat the letter down and moved to sit beside Alex, "Is it something you'd like to talk about?"

"Today isn't a great anniversary for me," Alex muttered, curling up into the expensive duvet.

"Oh? Do you want to talk about it or do you want a distraction?" Kyle kicked off his slippers.

"It's just... I came out to my father the same day Scott did with his parents but I underestimated how homophobic he was. I really thought that it would be different because I was his son, however ever since then I haven't been his son, only his heir," Alex spoke, his eyes growing heavier with each passing moment.

"Screw him! You are really interesting and cool! If your father stops seeing that because you're gay then that's his problem. You will always be cared for here with us, that is a promise," Kyle held a deep hatred in his heart for Alex's father.

"I wanted to run with Scott but it was too dangerous for me to go too, if we'd been caught, King Hudson would have killed me for 'kidnapping the princes'. He was not a kind man; but speak no ill of the dead I guess."

"I see. Well, if it makes you feel any better, Hudson and Aurelia have no control over your relationship with their son anymore," Kyle smiled softly.

"Thanks Kyle. I needed to get that all off my chest," Alex sighed, letting the soft feeling of sleep wash over his tired body.

"Anytime Alex, we are your friends now and no one messes with a member of the Kestrel faction without consequences," Kyle promised, sighing as he moved to pick up the letter that he'd earlier discarded, settling back into his desk chair with another sigh.