Wedding

(The formal part is taken from an official wedding script but I wrote the vows. Also, have a long chapter as a present.)

The music began to play softly as Hermes carried his sister down the aisle, the young girl was throwing flower petals as they went.

At the end of the aisle, Sausage already had tears in his eyes and Alex was close to having them too.

"I'm proud of you Papa and Alex," Hermes whispered quietly as he took his place.

Next down the aisle was Owen and Adelaide, Scott's best friend and former fiancée, both dressed in matching off-white clothes, Owen in a dress and Adelaide in a suit.

Had this been a traditional wedding, scandal would have ensued over the colour and who was wearing what, but thankfully this was no ordinary wedding.

If anyone were to ask, which a few people did later, Owen was the bridesmaid and Adelaide was the groomsman but gender roles and traditions had long since been thrown off the Isle so no one batted an eye.

Next to come was Ros and Oli, Sausage's bridesmaid and groomsman.

The Kestrel and the Nightingale were also dressed in off-white shades, though a different shade to Owen and Adelaide.

As the music continued, Bek and Kuervo came into sight, both in another different shade of off-white, this time both in suits.

Next to come was the Maids of Honour and the Best Men, though this time there was no off-white shades donning them.

First was Scott's younger sister and brother, Amber was dressed in a golden dress and Acho wore a black suit.

The two couldn't have been prouder of their older brother even if they tried.

Sausage's Maid of Honour and Best Man followed the theme with Guqqie in gold and Martyn in black.

The two were beaming with an aura of pride for their friends.

Aimsey wore a black suit and Kyle stood beside them in a matching golden one, both radiating pride and support, they took their places right as the music changed.

Heads turned as Scott entered the line of sight of the crowd, though his black veil covered his face.

His bouquet was held in his hands until he made it close enough to hand it to Amber.

When he got to his place, his groom's party helped him remove the veil before he gave Will the queue to begin.

"We welcome our dearest family and friends. We are gathered here today to witness and celebrate the marriage of Prince Scott Aldrich Axley Lucas Denholm of Avias, Sir Mythical Jay Sausage of Mythland and Lord Alexander Regulus of Crowton. This is not the beginning of a new relationship but an acknowledgment of the next chapter in their lives together. Scott, Sausage and Alex have spent years getting to know each other, and we now bear witness to what their relationship has become. Today, they will affirm this bond formally and publicly," Will read from the book he had on his stand, smiling to the crowd.

Kristen and Phil were both tearing up, though they weren't alone in that regard.

"Scott, Sausage and Alex will mark their transition as a couple not only by celebrating the love between themselves, but by also celebrating the love between all of us—including the love of their parents, siblings, extended family, and best friends. Without that love, today would be far less joyous," Will took a brief pause.

"I believe you have prepared vows," he gestured towards the wedding trio.

"My dearest Alexander, from the moment that I first saw you, I knew we were destined for each other. Even though we were just two boys, two heirs, trying to navigate the struggles of the world, we could always rely on each other," Scott's voice was teary, though his voice was so joyous.