Date Night

A soft kiss was passed from Martyn to Alex, "My love, you are gorgeous. How did I wind up here with someone as beautiful as you?"

Alex turned pink, "You are incredibly handsome. Martyn, I want to hold you and just be."

Martyn pulled Alex into a loving embrace, "Of course my dearest. Are you feeling alright today?"

Alex hesitated for a moment, he'd told Martyn about his pains earlier that day but he didn't want to ruin date night.

Martyn noticed the hesitation and wrapped rested his forehead against Alex's, "Lovebug? If you are in pain and need to rest then we can go lay down in a bed and cuddle. Please be honest with me cherry."

Alex moved to bury his head in the crook in Martyn's neck, "Everything is aching today and my chest feels really tight," he admitted.

Martyn nodded a little, rubbing Alex's back, "Petal, would you please let me take care of you? I have soup on the fire at the moment and if you need to lay down then my bed is in the next room over."

"But this is a date, you shouldn't have to take care of me," Alex muttered guiltily.

"Sunflower, you are hurting and I want to help you. May I please help you my pebble?" Martyn ran a hand through his date's hair.

All the nicknames were making him feel all bushy but he wanted to maintain himself, "Marty..."

"Alexander."

Alex let his argument die out on his lips, "I'll go lay down."

"Thank you my dear,"Martyn helped him stand and laid him down in bed.

"Thank you, love."

"Anytime, my gem."