Awake

Scott curled up between the two boys in Alex's bed after the black haired boy been transferred out of the hospital wing, the redhead's body entwined with the unwounded half of Alex's body to take in the warmth and comfort his lover provided.

Sausage wrapped his body around the smaller boy, his arm slung lovingly across Scott and Alex's bodies.

"I feel as if I'm not going to be left alone for a while huh? Not that I'm complaining though, I love cuddles from my absolutely darling boys," Alex let out a small chuckle, taking Sausage's hand as Scott nuzzled against him.

"Not until your official inauguration into the Kestrels my dearest, that gives us a while with you together," Sausage muttered, swinging a leg gently over the two to intertwine them all further.

"Wait, you decided to come with us to the Isles?" Scott's question rolled off his tongue in a tired tone, but the excitement was unmistakable.

"The day of the party I decided I was going to join them, but don't worry about all that now, you can sleep my darling," Alex whispered soft nothings into Scott's ear as the smaller boy fell asleep properly for the first time in ages.

"There's something you should know about what happened when you were out," Sausage spoke after he was sure Scott was definitely asleep, his voice changing from loving to serious.

The serious tone in Sausage's voice concerned Alex, "What's going on? Are you alright?" He asked frantically, cupping Sausage's cheek to comfort him.

"I don't know if I'm alright after it, honestly. Scott tried to- he- I-" the words weren't leaving his mouth, they hurt to much to even consider speaking.

"Oh..." Alex pieced together what Sausage was trying to say, "Oh darling, I'm so sorry that we both scared you like that."

"I don't want to lose you guys," he murmured weakly.

"And you won't," Alex promised him.

The two laid together in a comforting silence as their boyfriend slept between them. The pirates had to sail back to the Faction Isles a week later and they were taking Amber's kids and Alex with them for adventures. 

"I hope you're ready for a night of being pampered," Sausage spoke through his tears, producing a wet chuckle.

"Oh? Is that my inauguration huh?" Alex shifted gently.

"No, that's the celebration afterwards, if you're comfortable with it," Sausage rolled his eyes at Alex's eagerness.

"Sign me up baby!" Alex giggled though his teeth.