PROLOGUE:

Sophia and Drew walked through the carnival hand in hand with smiles on their faces as they were enjoying the time they were getting alone. The two of them didn't get much of that at home. Sophia laughed as Drew spun her around and kissed her freely. He allowed her to pick all the rides they went on and all the games they played as he won her prizes. The two of them could not be happier as they were truly enjoying themselves on their first real date. That is until Drew happened to notice someone that he had never seen before following them. Drew pulled Sophia closer to him. "Babe, I'm not trying to scare you but there is someone following us. Act normal until i tell you to run" he whispered into her ear as they walked quickly through the crowd of people. 

"What about you" she asked. "I'm going to take the prick out. I'm not allowing anyone who puts your life in danger to live" Drew replied. They continued to pick up their pace, but it seemed that the faster they walked, so did this unknown man. Drew knew that they weren't going to get away. He looked over at Sophia who looked terrified as they continued walking as fast as they could weaving through crowds of people. Suddenly Drew stopped, causing Sophia to stop with him. She stayed as close to him as she could. Drew knew the man was right behind them. He pulled out his gun and turned around. "Run" he tried to tell Sophia as he pushed her out of the way. 

Drew and the unknown man fired their guns at the same time. People all around them ran screaming away from the gun fire. Drew's bullet  had hit the unknown man in the chest knocking him down. "Soph" Drew said frantically. His heart was racing but as far as he could tell he wasn't hit. In that moment he didn't care, all he cared about was Sophia. "Drew" he heard her cry. He looked down to see her on the ground holding onto her leg as blood gushed from it. His heart sank into his stomach as he scooped her up into his arms. "It's okay baby girl I've got you" he told her as he hurried to the car. 

No matter how fast he moved he felt like it wasn't fast enough. Sophia was quickly losing blood and he needed to get her help as fast as possible. Finally he reached the car. He laid her in the backseat and took an old t-shirt he had, ripping it he tied the cloth around her leg to help to stop the bleeding until he made it to the hospital. He raced through traffic as fast as he could, calling  Dennis along the way.