CHAPTER 4:

Sophia and Faith sat at the table in silence as they ate their breakfast. "So, can I just ask why you haven't talked to me in days" Sophia asked her. "Why? Probably because you broke your promise" Faith snapped. "He told you?" Sophia asked. "No, he tried to talk to Noah about it, and then Noah called me flipping out. I told him you overheard us, but he didn't believe me. You promised me you wouldn't tell anyone. That meant Drew too. I understand he's been there for you lately, but that doesn't mean you should trust him with everything" Faith said. "I'm sorry I didn't think he would tell anyone that I told him" Sophia said. "I'll talk to my father when I'm ready" Faith said. "Talk to dad about what?" Jackson asked as him and Max came into the kitchen. "Nothing, mind your own business" Faith snapped at him. "Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed" Max laughed. 

"Maxwell Nathaniel Carter, get your ass in my office now!" Dennis shouted from down the hall. "Uh oh big brother, your in trouble" Faith laughed. Max walked down the hall to his father's home office. Dennis smacked him as hard as he could in the back of his head as he walked into the office. "What the hell dad" Max said rubbing the back of his head. Dennis closed the door. " What in the hell is wrong with you? Huh?" Dennis scolded him. "You let the girls go alone. When I tell you to look after them to keep them safe that is what I mean. I don't mean fall asleep!" he yelled. "I didn't mean to. I haven't been sleeping well" Max said. "Look son, I know we have a lot going on right now, but we will get even. I'm still looking for him, and when I find him he's a dead man" Dennis assured him. 

Sophia slammed her fists against the door to the guest house until Drew opened the door. "Can I help you?" Drew snarled. "Why in the hell would you go and talk to Noah after I told you not to tell anyone" Sophia ranted. "I trusted you not to say anything, because Faith trusted me" she added. "I'm sorry, but I just checked on him. That's a big deal, and what happens when Dennis finds out. I mean, I'm not about to tell him, but man when he finds out I hate to be them" Drew said. "You know I don't think I can trust you now. In fact I'm not sure I even want to be friends anymore promise breaker" Sophia said. "Are you sure about that?" Drew said stepping back and pulling Sophia into the guest house with him. When she was inside he backed her against the door. 

"Are you sure, because something tells me you enjoy being my friend as much as I enjoy being yours" He said with a smirk. Sophia's heart began to race and her stomach was doing flips, but she wasn't about to give him the satisfaction of knowing that she enjoyed being  friends with him or that he made her feel the way she did in that moment. "The difference is, you just want to get in my pants, and I just want to be friends" She replied before opening the door and leaving. On her way back to the house she took a few deep breaths to calm her heart rate, and pushed away her thoughts about the feeling in her gut. 

Jackson and Faith were now the only ones left in the kitchen. "So sis,  what was that you and Sophia were talking about when we walked in? What are you going to tell dad when you are ready" he asked her. Faith continued to sip her orange juice. She waited a few moments before answering him. "I can't tell you" Faith began to cry. "Yes you can sweetheart" Jackson replied. Jackson and Faith had always been close. Not that she wasn't close to Max, but Jackson had always been the one that looked out for her and protected her when their father wasn't around. Sophia's mother had always looked over them like a mother would after their own mother was killed when they were young children. Jackson had always been the one to try to protect his siblings, especially his little sister. 

"I'm only going to tell you because I know I can trust you. I will tell dad when I'm ready, so please swear you won't" Faith said. "I promise I won't say anything"Jackson replied. Faith took a deep breath. "I'm pregnant, and Noah is the father" she said. Jackson's eyes grew wide. "Wow, I wasn't expecting that. When are you going to tell dad. I mean, sooner rather than later would be good. The longer you wait the angrier he is going to be, and eventually you aren't going to have a choice" Jackson said. "I know, I know, I promise I'm going to tell him. I just know that he is going to be angry. He warned Noah, Drew, and Danny when they started coming around.  It was a mistake, and it wasn't supposed to happen. We don't have feelings for each other other than friendship. Things just happened one night and now we are here" Faith said."I won't tell dad, but  I think you should. It may not be as bad as you think" Jackson said. 

Dennis gathered his sons and the rest of the gentlemen in his office. "Alright, Drew I want you and Noah to stay here and keep watch over the girls, Danny I have a delivery for you and Max, Jackson you will come to the club with me. Drew I would usually send you on the delivery, but Sebastian's murder was on the news this morning. You nor Danny have to worry, they have no evidence you were there. I will take care of it. I just want you to lay low for a few days" he said before they all did as he told them. 

Caleb Sinclair sat in the dimly lit room cuffed to the chair he was sitting in. "Do you not take me seriously" said the man standing over him. The man hit him again and more blood ran from his nose and lips. "Please, you just asked me to find them, and I did" Caleb cried. "Ah yes, that was part of the agreement. However, I said I wouldn't kill your family. It shouldn't have been too hard all you had to do was follow your son. That's why I hired you after all. Well, more like threatened you into working for me" the man laughed. "I didn't say that I wouldn't kill you" the man added and he proceeded to beat Caleb until he was dead. He looked over at his son who was also in the room.

"Good help is hard to find" he said to him. "So, let me do it. I've done it once before. Let me kill the rest of them. One by one until Dennis is the only one left. I can do it, or did you forget that I killed Sara" his son said.