CHAPTER 10:

Dennis sat looking at Faith and Noah in shock. He was silent, but anyone could tell he was angry. "Dad, are you going to say something?" Faith asked him, hoping he wasn't about to lose his mind. "How? How in the hell could this happen?" he questioned the two of them. Anger evident in his voice. "I warned you all not to get involved with my daughter and my granddaughter when she came here,  and you go behind my back! How long has this been going on?" Dennis shouted at Noah. "It wasn't like that. We aren't involved. It was only one night. We are only friends" Faith said. "Oh, because that is so much better than what I was thinking" Dennis snapped at her. Before the conversation could be continued Dennis got up from his chair and walked away. "That did not go as I'd hoped" Faith cried. Tears fell from her doe brown eyes and rushed down her face as she began to sob. "It's going to be okay. Give him time" Noah said as he held her.

Mickey Davis sat in his office drinking and smoking a cigar. He was deep in thought about Gracie Montgomery. If things had gone the way he had planned all those years ago his life would have been so different. If it hadn't been for Dennis, he would have everything he had ever wanted. He also thought about how his son Zeke had taken Dennis's granddaughter's life, but he lost his son Paul because of it, which made him reluctant to let Zeke finish what he started. However, he still knew that Dennis had to pay for taking away the future he wanted. One way or another he would finish this war that he had started and Dennis would feel the devastation he had felt all these years. A knock on the door disturbed him from his thought process. His wife opened the door. "What do you want Stella?" he questioned. "There's a man here to see you. He said he needs to talk to you" she replied. The man walked in behind her and she left the room. "My name is Ethan Hawthorne, your son Zeke and I are friends. He isn't the only one who would like to help you bring down Dennis Carter" the young man said. "Okay, but first I must know, What do you have against Dennis Carter?" Mickey asked. "He had my father killed" Ethan responded.

Weeks had passed and Dennis hadn't said a word to Faith or Noah. He just looked at them with disappointment. The only time Dennis would speak to Noah is if he had a job for him, which he found was less than usual. They both thought this was unfair. Noah had an apartment he had to take care of and a baby on the way. Faith had hoped her father would be more understanding, especially after the one night stand he had with Danny's mother, which he waited years to tell them. A secret their mother and older sister died without knowing. That is why she had decided to break the silence and talk to her father. 

Faith walked downstairs and found her father in his office. She walked in and sat down across from him. "Is there something I can help you with?" he asked without looking up from his work. "This isn't fair dad. You haven't spoken to me in weeks. Noah and I made a choice that we probably shouldn't have. I may have hidden it from you for months, but you hid a secret from us all for years when you made the same decision with Danny's mom. One mom nor Savannah never knew" Faith said. "I warned you to stay away from them. They work for me, and your sister knew. If your mother had been alive, I would've never been with anyone else. That is why she never knew, but I told Savannah years ago" Dennis replied. "I just wanted better for you Faith. A good man and happiness" he added. "He may only be my friend, but Noah is a good man. He is going to be a good father, and we are going to do this together. Raising my daughter with my best friend, that makes me happy" Faith replied. "Another granddaughter?" Dennis asked with a smile. "Yes" Faith replied.

Sophia woke up that morning wrapped in Drew's arms. She smiled before getting up, which in return woke Drew. "Where are you going?" he asked. "I told Faith and Shelby I'd go shopping with them today, and I have to sneak out of here before my grandfather catches us" she replied. "I'm surprised you could get Shelby away from Danny" Drew joked. "Me too, they really like each other" Sophia said. She leaned in for a kiss before leaving. She snuck through the back door, hoping that when she walked through the kitchen, no one would see her. "Well hello, Where are you coming from?" Max said as she entered the kitchen. "Nowhere" Sophia replied as she walked around the corner and up the stairs. As she was walking to her room she seen a unknown red haired woman coming out of Jackson's room. This was not the first time she had been at the house. "Hello" she said as she passed Sophia. "Excuse me, but who are you?" Sophia asked. "Brooke Mason, I've been seeing Jackson. It's nice to finally meet someone else around here" she said."Oh don't worry, I'm sure Jackson will introduce you some time" Sophia assured her before they parted ways. 

Sophia got ready for her day and her and the other two girls went shopping. They knew they should have taken one of the guys with them, but they were all busy helping Dennis that day, so they decided to go alone. The girls were having fun shopping going from store to store in the mall, when suddenly a man entered the store they were in. He began firing shots into the air. Crowds of people outside the store began to scream and run. "Everyone get the fuck down!" he shouted and everyone in the store got down on the floor. He walked over to Sophia. All three of the girls were visibly terrified and Faith began to cry. "Get up" he snapped looking at Sophia. "Now everyone else get out" he demanded. Shelby and Faith refused to leave. "Go, Just go" Sophia told them and the girls reluctantly left her.