Chapter 3

A week and half later
We're having a meal with jamal's family as they had come over to finalize our wedding dates and I was also travelling to kaduna the next day.

"I can't get married to sumayya "jamal suddenly announced, confusion marred all of our faces .

"I am married to baedhor"he said and I staggered shakily and I looked up to confirm from baedhor

"sumi i am sorry but we love each other "she said crying .

All of us were still in shock when I heard a sharp sound my father slapped baedhor "you got married to your sister's fiance" he said furious.

" dad please am sorry" baedhor said crying on her knees .

I got up from the chair and wiped my face, disbelief influencing my expression.

"Since when?" I asked

"last month " she replied .

"Why didn't you guys tell me, why did allow me waste months of my life" I said screaming at the both of them.

"Sumayya I'm really sorry" jamal said with husband head bent down while his mother just kept shouting at him

" since you can get married without us, then you don't need us , pack your things and leave with your husband" my dad said angrily while baedhor kept begging him while crying.

"dad please get them married properly" I said and went just went upstairs to my room.

My body felt heavy as I walked up the stairs, i could feel melancholia engulf me . I tried to block out all the voices I was hearing but it just didn't work .

All I could feel was everybody's pity eyes on me, I just didnt want anybody yo feel sorry for me.

" I'm sorry"my brother said as he hugged me and the it dawned upon me that he knew that's why he was giving them a cold shoulder.

" nobody should tell me sorry, I don't want to hear it" I screamed ,got into my room and locked the door.

" Noor , please open the door , it's your baba here" my dad said from outside the door and I just sniffed wiping my tears.

" baba please I don't want to see anybody" I said hiccuping while trying to stop my tears.

" Noor please let your baba see you, I just lost one daughter, I can lose another" I heard my dad say in a shaky voice .

I stood up and went to open the door , he came in and sat beside me on the floor.

" why couldn't they tell me , why ? They just ruined everything" I said crying and my dad pulled me closer Nad hugged.

" I'm sorry I can't do anything " my daddy said with teary eyes and I hugged him.

" baba please don't cry it not your fault" I said and he kissed the side of my head.

We both sat in silence for minutes until I suddenly snapped up .

" baba please just get them married properly, don't send baedhor away" I said with pleading eyes to my baba.

" okay if that what you want, thank you. May Allah grant you your own Naseeb [ husband]" he said kissing my head again before leaving.

I honestly couldn't do any other thing cause I know he wouldn't be able to bear not seeing baedhor ever again, especially with all that had happened.

What father would be happy to know that his daughter got married to her own sister's fiance.

" I'm sorry I couldn't tell you , I just couldn't I knew you'd be so hurt" my brother said as he came into my room and I just hugged him and told him it was fine.