Chapter 49

Sumayya

  I dressed ammar's wounds after he slept, kissing his forehead I placed the wrapped box of his gift on the side table beside him.

I gifted him a customized wristwatch that had our finger prints conjoined with our initials on the lapels of the watch,  i also had a of my own  bracelet with both of finger prints conjoined to match with him , it also included a writing on a piece of cute paper which comprises of an hadith and quran verse relating to the current stage of his life and our marriage. He had  mentioned that this was something his sister would gift him on any big occasion occurring in his life.

   I layed to sleep with a lot on my mind, questions were glowing through.  I couldn't believe that I had almost been murdered. But who would send someone to kill me?   I thought trying to get all the disturbing scene from my mind .

   I could clearly remember that the man had conered me onto the alley after I had received the delivery and was making my way home. I felt a panic attack setting in as I recalled the scene of his strangling him.

   I started to mutter some duas, after calming down, I performed ablution and prayed tahajjud. I cried to my lord Allah [SWT] and begged him to grant me and my family protection.

   After praying and making dua , I put in my airpods and listened to my favourite surah in the quran as I slowly fell asleep .

I woke up on hearing the fajr adhaan from my phone. I was surprised that I didn't have a nightmare, probably because I cleared my mind with the quran verses before going to bed.

Turning around I saw ammar exiting fom the washroom, I immediately went to him before he could walk out of the room and him from behind.

  " I'm sorry, I was not careful and I wasn't thinking properly , I promise never to do it again" I said before letting out the overheld sobs and crying into his back.

  Ammar turned around and held me close " please don't do that again, I can't lose you or the baby" he said and I nodded hugging into his chest while he kissed my forehead my rubbing my back

  " now no more cries for my ewa , you look like a crying cat with those tears on your face" he said and I chuckled hitting his chest lightly.

  " so you can't just compliment me properly , first you called beautiful and now I am a cat" I said and he gave me a big smile
" thank you for the gift it was amazing , am sorry  we couldn't have our dinner" he said kissing my lips.

  " how come you remember, i was excatly the way i described it" he said  referring to the writing I made and I just smiled at him.

  " thank you, I really liked it , but you know we can crown it all with something" he said giving me a seductive wink and I just smiled

  "You're such a pervert " I said and he started trailing kisses down my shoulder
before suddenly tickling me all over and I burst out laughing , while also trying to run from him as he chased after me.

  We were so lost in our little each that we didn't notice maryam standing  and she were both staring at us weirdly.

  " Never thought I would see my brother run around like a maniac laughing so much  it's certain sumi , only you can make ya ammar laugh like that , thank God I caught it on video cause that was a once in a lifetime moment " maryam said waving her phone at ammar.

  " delete it maryam" ammar said while maryam just laughed shaking the phone at him.

  " let's negotiate,  no bodyguards for me and I will delete it" she said and ammar's gaze hardened,  he probably remembered yesternight.