Chapter 16

Sumayya

Even though I hate this period right now ,am still thankful it came at the right time. It saved me from this night. I braced myself after changing my clothes and throwing on a sanitary napkin.

Standing in front of the mirror I contemplated on whether to go out with my hijab or not, settling on without my hijab I opened the door and went out into the room .

I cleared my throat looking at ya ammar who was busy sitting on the newly laid bed with his phone in hand.

" You're done " he asked and I nodded , he stood up and went into the bathroom, I sat up on the bed scrolling through my phone until he came out .

He'd freshened up and changed his clothes into a tank top and shorts.

He stood up from the bed and gently sat me down as I breathed nervously, with a smile he bent closer and kissed my forehead before gently taking a hold of my forelock and saying " Allahumma inni as'aluka min khayriha wa khayri ma jubilat 'alaihi, wa 'audhu bika min sharriha wa sharri ma jubilat 'alaih" [O Allah, I ask You for the goodness within her and the goodness that she is inclined towards, and I seek refuge with You from the evil to which she is inclined]

I smiled as I heard him say the dua softly, he then sat beside me facing me.

" sumayya , I know this is all new to you and it can be quite overwhelming to take up these new responsibilities, but am willing to do my best to support this relationship and I hope you can do the same" he said and I nodded .

" I'd like to us to start off as friends until you're quite comfortable , then we can go to the next level , baby steps hmm?" He said and I nodded smiling.

" won't you say anything to me" he said and I looked down shyly .

" I want you to be free with , talk to me comfortably we're married now don't forget that" he said with a big smile on his face .

" thank you" I said in a not so loud voice to him.

" can I touch it" he said looking at my hair and I nodded , he carefully ran his fingers through the length of my hair and I sighed nervously.

" God you're beautiful" he said and I smiled , my insides were flattering like I had butterflies for dinner , now I understand what it means to feel butterflies .

" I hope we can make this work , Sumayya " he said and God my name never sounded any better .

"Yes " I said and he moved closer to me, I could feel my heart thumping inmy chest , he then stopped by my ear .

" I want to hear my name from your mouth wifey" his silky deep voice sounded in my ear and my cheeks heated up.

"Ya ammar" I said in a low voice and he chuckled " that's not my name" he said and I frowned in confusion. I clearly heard the imam say Ammar nabil shagari during our wedding.

" My name is Ammar not ya ammar" he said and I nodded in realization.

" I must say, that blush makes you look more beautiful " he said and I flushed more . He stood up and went through a door which I assumed should be the door to the closet .

He came out with a small black box and took my wrist , I felt my jaw drop when I saw what was inside . It was a beautiful diamond bracelet with a huge moon shaped diamond in the center and small heart-shaped ones scattered by the sides . It was definitely one of the most beautiful pieces of jewelry I'd ever seen.

He clasped it around my wrist and gave me a heartwarming kiss on my forehead . I felt my heart swell as his lips met my temple in a soft kiss .

" But I didn't get you anything" I said feeling guilty for forgetting to get him a wedding present when he gave me such a beautiful one.

" it's fine , you're more than enough for me" he said and I blushed looking down , he then pulled me into a warm hug wrapping his hands around my waist , he broke the hug placing a sweet kiss on my cheek.

" so is there anything questions you would like to ask me" he said and I nodded before saying " how old are you" .

" I'm turning 34 next month" he said and I gasped , we had almost ten years age difference .

" you make me feel like an old man " he said and I giggled nervously .

" No need to be nervous , remember baby steps" he said and I nodded smiling .

" come on let's go to bed we have a long day tomorrow " he said and I nodded .

I got into bed beside him after putting my hair in my night cap .

" Goodnight " he whispered in my ear pulling me closer and wrapping his arms around my waist .
" night" I said reliving my body into his warmth.

Ammar

I smiled running my fingers through her hair and savouring the silky feeling.
She was really beautiful . I couldn't help but mutter alhamdulilah as she came out of the bathroom looking beautiful in shorts and pajamas shirt with her down to her mid back .

There was this amazing feeling in my chest whenever she blushed at my compliments , her fair chubby cheeks would flush up with light red colour.

I would have loved for us to pray together but we can't since she got her period. I assured her that we would go baby steps seeing how nervous she was around me .

She snuggled into me when I wrapped my arms around her waist , breathing in the coffee scent from her body , I allow slumber to engulf me.

__________________________________

So their first night is a wrap.

Thank you so much guyz , don't forget to comment ,vote and share.
~nana🥰