Chapter 28

~This chapter is dedicated to all my readers and supporter -💫🥰

KHALIL

I stood in between them before he could shout at her and took him out.

" why are acting like that to her" I asked ,cause I couldn't take the fact that he hit her and she's just like a sister to me.

" it becuase she didn't take good care of her , that's why eman is in the hospital" he said angrily .

" have your anger fits come back again" I asked seeing the way in was furious.

" you shouldn't have hit her , it wasn't even her fault" I said and he turned to me confused , before asking " what do you mean" .

" you didn't even hear her side of the story " I said .

" after she made us lunch , she was about to feed eman when I bumped into her and spilled the food on her clothes , so she told the nanny to get eman some food while she changed" I explained and he sighed exparsatedly rubbing his hands on his face.

" adda sumi is one of the most caring people I know and from the last week I've spent with you guys she's been an amazing mother to eman , I think the person you should be angry at is the nanny. She might have done it on purpose cause I hear adda sumi warn her everyday not to ever feed eman any food related to beans" I explained.

" could you contact that psychotherapist in London and get me an appointment " he said and I nodded.

He was diagnosed with IED [intermittent anger disorder] after adda amna's death , so he saw a therapist for 2 yrs and was said to be better after which he then adopted eman.

" this isn't the first time you hit her right" I asked and he just looked away.

" she's a good woman , don't let her slip away. I can't imagine how she must have withstood your anger , if it was me I would have gotten a divorce" I said, I knew how explosive he could be during those anger fits, he'd once beat up a man during his anger fits and he ended up in the hospital.

" I know , I love her , I don't know why I hurt her so much." He said and I nodded , in a way it wasn't his fault that he had a disorder but adda sumi shouldn't have to suffer it either.

" that's why you have to go for therapy , for your marriage and to save your family" I said before walking back to check on eman.

I saw a finger print on adda sumi's face
when I came Into eman's hospital ward, even the corner of her lip was bleeding . I can't even imagine how she must be feeling, her daughter is sick in the hospital and her husband hit and blamed her for it.

I really admire her patience , if any other woman was in her shoes they would have asked for a divorce.

SUMAYYA

I sat by eman's hospital bed , when ammar's parents came in . " Salamalikum ma and sir" I said greeting them , his that nodded at me but before I could go back to sit down, my MIL came forward and landed a hot slap on my face. My face burned as I staggered backwards.

" innalilahi, aliyah why would you slap her" my FIL said shouting at her.

" Laifinta ne, saboda wannan mayya da jikata ke kwance akan gadon asibiti. [its her fault, it because of this witch that my granddaughter is laying on the hospital bed] " she said and I just stood there even though I couldn't understand what she said , I picked that she called me a witch from the little hausa I have learnt.

" mom why would you slap her " ammar screamed at his mom, and I was surprised because I thought he would support her.

" Kalli wannan yaron oo, kana min tsawa saboda wannan mayya da kake cewa mata. [ look at this boy oo, you're screaming at me because of this witch you call a wife] " she said again, I just sat quietly.

" baba don Allah zaka iya kai ta gida, zan kira ka idan eman ta tashi
[ dad please take her home , I will call you when eman wakes up]" ammar said in hausa and his dad left with his mom, but not after she threw a tantrum.

" adda sumi your face is bleeding " Abdul said and I nodded before going into the bathroom to check it .

I stared my extremely red cheek which was bleeding , she must have torn my face with her bracelet when she slapped me. She slapped on the same cheek as ammar , my whole faced ached as I washed the blood away with some water.

I held a tissue against my cheek and came out ." Come with me , please " ammar said and I nodded following him outside.

When we got out , he raised his hand towards me and I quickly took cover with my arms covering my face, my face is going to burst from pain if I take any more slaps. I walked backwards to dogde whatever was coming at me but I stumbled against the stairs and hit my ankle. I bent down cradling my hurt ankle before looking up to ammar.

I was mistaken , he was holding a tube of face cream in is hand, I could only see one thing in is eyes , guilt.

" I'm so sorry ewa" he apologized , and I got infuriated at that moment I don't want him to give me useless apologies and still hit me next time.

" don't call me that , I don't want your apology , I just want a reason" I said , I was already crying at this moment.

" I am so sorry, I don't know what came over me , I can't believe I hit you " he said coming closer to help me up , but I just stopped him.

" Fi mi le ma fi owo kan mi [leave mw alone, dont touch me] , what happened to us talking it out , you didn't even let me speak before you blamed me" i said wiping my tears furiously. The only time I speak yoruba is when I am extremely angry.

" she's my daughter too ,you know. One of the reasons I agreed to marry you was eman , I loved her and wanted to be her mother and I love her even more now because she's my daughter" I said thinking about my life and if I had made the wrong decision by agreeing to marry him. Cause now I am in an abusive marriage and I torn between what to do.

" I am sorry , sumayya I know sorry can't cut it but I promise to change" he said and came forwardto hug me. For some reason I wasn't angry again , I just cried heavily against his chest and he just kept muttering apologies into my ear.

I know that our marriage is starting to get toxic but I wanted to give more time atleast enough to tell me what's wrong with him, I want to see if we can fix it together . I just prayed to God that i was making the right decision cause i wouldnt advise anyone to remain in an abusive marriage but still i coukdnt just leave like that . I would most likely ask for a divorce if he hits me again but then again I have come to love him and I can't do without him , but I love myself more.

" come on let's go inside and apply some ointment on your face, and am also very sorry about my mom" he said helping me up as I had lightly sprained my ankle when I fell earlier.

" it's fine ,she's my mother too" I said , I could honestly see from her point of view , a son she's raised for over 30 years goes against her to marry a woman she doesn't approve of .

" this doesn't me I have forgiven you, I'm giving you a chance to make it up to me" I said and he nodded chuckling and then he kissed my forehead.

" Thank you for allowing me make it up to you" he said.

___________________________________

Sumayya is quite a softie eh?
29 is a wrap guys.

Thanks to all the people who have voted and supported my book , may Allah bless with barakah.