Chapter 18

Sumayya

" you can add any changes you want to the house" Ammar said after we had breakfast , I just smiled at him nodding

" so how do you handle eman's schooling" I asked as we sat in the living room together after breakfast.

" she attends kindergarten at a school not so far from the house, though she just started" he said smiling at eman who was sitting on his lap and playing with his beard .

" is she taking any Arabic classes" I asked and he replied "not yet , though I was thinking of getting her someone to teach her at home" he said

" why don't I take her" I said and turned to me " you'd do that" he asked and I nodded "yes, I'd do anything for my daughter" I said poking eman's cheeks and she giggled in return.

" Thanks " he said pulling me closer and planting a kiss on my head , I could feel my heart fluttering I was definitely beginning to fall in love with his forehead kisses.

" me too" eman said frowning while pointing to her forehead , we both laughed and he kissed her temple too.

I am really grateful to Ammar for making this marriage comfortable for me, I thought it's going to be awkward since we just got married and we didn't even know each other well .

" I may not know everything about you now but I promise to find out " he said and I nodded .

" so where do you want us to go for honeymoon" he asked and heat ran up to my cheeks hearing honeymoon.

" can we postpone it for now, it not like I don't want to go but I want us to familiarise more first " I said before adjusting eman's dress .

" I wouldn't have it any other way wifey" he said I and smiled.

I got to know more about him, turns out his favourite colour is any neutral colour and he loves cats . His favourite food is amala which was surprising seeing that it's a yoruba dish.

" don't worry I am going to spoil you with amala" I said when he told me and he laughed heartily, " can you cook" I asked and he nodded at me with amusement in his eyes .

" yes , but mostly English meals , but I do know a few hausa ones" he said.

"Hajiya and some family members are coming over for dinner tomorrow " he said and I nodded.

Everybody called his mom hajiya and there were only three words for her since I met her. Strict, Resilient and Extravagant. These three words are perfect to describe my mother on law.

I could already feel her eyes judging me the first day I met her and her glare could murder a person , also at one glan ce you would know that she was rich considering the fact that she was always dressed up in expensive gowns and gold jewelry pieces.

Now that she is coming tomorrow, I have to make sure that she has nothing to complain about.

" why don't you show me around abuja and we can also get some design articles for the house" I said and he nodded and told me to go and get ready.

I first went to change eman's clothes before going back upstairs to get dressed .

I figured Ammar must be in the washroom cause he wasn't in the room, so I settled on picking out my clothes while he finished up.

I opened the door to the closet only to meet him half naked with a towel wrapped around his waist. God, he had quite an amazing body

"It all yours wifey" he said and I quickly turned around shutting the door behind me . I could hear him chuckle from inside the closet .

I face palmed myself before going into the washroom, I know he's my husband but I shouldn't have looked at him like that.

I sighed before slipping into the bathtub which was bubbling with some bath wash and salts. After soaking myself in for about 30 minutes , I rinsed off with a cold shower.

Wrapping my self in a towel, I went out and thank God Ammar wasn't in the room. I dressed up in a purple abaya gown and topped it off with a black hijab , slipping on some nude flats , I put all my necessities in my hand bag and went downstairs.

"I'm ready " I said to gain his attention and him and him turned to look at me ,
"You look really beautiful" he said smiling before taking my hand in his.

His compliment made me feel like the most beautiful woman in the world.

Ammar

I watched as she came downstairs and God there was only one word that came to mind. Beautiful , the black hijab complimented her fair rosy cheeks .

God my wife is gorgeous. I've come to like more things about her , the way she flushes up when I compliment her , the way her chubby cheeks rise up when she smiles . She is really perfect for me, she warmed up to eman so good and I couldn't be more thankful for that.

I couldn't help but mutter alhamdulilah to thank God for giving me such a wonderful woman, even though its only been a day since our marriage she's been taking up her duties like a pro, looking after eman coupled with adjusting to the her new life was not easy work and she's been handling it well.

I watched as she ordered dede to pack up some snacks for eman in case she got hungry , as we were going to check out the city and also getting some things for the house.

I also learnt new things about her, she told me how she's obsessed with coffee but doesn't it drink it.

She gave this amazing bubbly and warm aura with a hint of different , which is just what I needed in my life.

___________________________________
Thank you guys Don't forget to vote, comment and share.

~nana🥰