Chapter 14

Sumayya

It's a week to my wedding and everywhere has been bustling with family friends ,cousins ,aunties, uncles ,nicest and nephews . The whole house was chaos . My family from my mother's side arrived from Egypt, and there's just noise everywhere. Layla already arrived with Eman while bilal and ya ammar will be coming 2 days to the wedding cause of work.

"Whose this little cutie" one of my cousins ,folake asked me as i walked into the room with eman.
" this is my daughter ,eman" I said and she nodded before cooing at eman.

" hello, am folake your mommy's cousin" she said and eman smiled at her.
" so is she like an illegitimate child of your fiance " fatima said from where she was sitting and I glared at her, fatima is my mom's twin brother's daughter and if you can guess we hate each other.

We never liked eachother ever since we were kids and even now when we are older , I tried to make peace with her but she's just a sour bitch .

" you stupid bimbo ,talk about my daughter like that again and you will regret what I will do to you" I said and she sneered at me , she wouldn't try to fight me because she knew that she was no match for me.

One time when we were teenagers ,she tried to fight me and I beat her black and blue until our parents came to stop me . I've come to form a bond with eman over the week and I certainly wasn't going to allow anyone speak rubbish about her .

Baedhor was also at home cause my parents decided that jamals family should also come and complete all the traditional process for baedhor too .

Layla , folake and maryam were sitted with me on the bed while we sorted out the arrangements for the wedding, eman was with my mom and the aunties . Like layla's wedding my mom and her mom were handling the traditional arrangements and food . Ya ammar's family had also set a lot of marriage gifts, there were different boxes of clothes, shoes , jewellery and other gifts . I was amazed to see so much gifts

"We can use brown and cream for the decorations, I think that would look beautiful " folake said , since I was having a small close knit wedding ,we decided to handle all the decorations ourselves plus folake is an interior designer so we put her ideas to use .

It was quite an easy job since we were using a small hall with just enough space for all family members and close relations.

I decided on a buffet and barbecue after the nikkah since it is going to be in the evening . Nigerian wedding are always big with owanbe but I decided to keep mine small .

We already sent out invitations for the nikkah

"We're the only single pringles here" folake and maryam said hugging each other and me and layla laughed .

My mind drifted to ya ammar as the girls were talking , I miss his deep silky voice . We haven't talked ever since I left kaduna , we only chatted over the phone though I heard his voice while he was talking to eman.

" osheyy latest bride already daydreaming about her husband" folake said and wiggled her eyebrows at me .

My cheeks turned warm and I smiled
" this una love ehn, na peppe dem tinz" folake said in pidgin and the rest of the girls continued teasing me .

" Mommy said to call you guys for dinner" kemi said peeking through the door , we nodded wore our hijabs and went downstairs .

My favourite aunt , Aunty bisi folake's mum and my dad's younger sister ,she made her special jollof rice for dinner
and we ate till brim . There are only three words to describe her , Strict, sweet and caring. And she loved me to death.

Everyone settled in their various rooms after we all prayed isha together.
The house was filled up , me layla ,folake and eman had to share my room . Maryam had to go back to the hotel to stay with her mom.

Eman and I shared my bed while layla and folake slept on a mattress on the floor .

Ammar

The wedding preparations have been quite hectic for me , I can't even think of how hectic it is for sumayya. Who ever thought it was this stressful to marry a yoruba girl , I had to buy some things on the bridal list that I've never heard of .

I mean money is not the problem but why would they put 300 tubers of yam on the list , were they planning to eat yam for the rest of the year. But am not complaining sumayya is worth more than that , I just can't wait for us to be married.

" I can't belive the great Ammar Shagari is daydreaming " bilal said plopping on hhe couch beside me .

" you really like her eh" he asked and I nodded , we aren't even married yet and I am already smitten .

" I can understand that , sumayya is a really amazing person " bilal said , he'd told me the story of how sumayya stopped him from getting into an haraam relationship with layla and how she intervened and convince layla's parents to let them get married .

She's also come to form a bond with eman ,and all eman did was blabber about how much fun she's having with sumayya anytime I called .

" I trust you will treat her well bro" bilal said patting my shoulder "of course" I said and bilal nodded.

___________________________________
The wedding preparations are to go
Thanks guys Don't forget to vote comment and share.
~nana🥰