Chapter 40

General

Ammar woke up with a start when he heard a loud scream, he quickly looked to his side. It was sumayya ,she was thrashing about on the bed while muttering words in a panicky voice.

"Sumayya!" He said trying to shake her awake , he tapped on her face and called her name again but she didn't respond. It was clear that she was having a nightmare.

" My Baby!" She screamed as she jolted awake drowned her own sweat , ammar quickly pulled her closer muttering reassuring words in her ear.

" Ammar , they took my baby" sumayya said breaking down in tears

" it's okay" he whispered in her ear as she hiccuped, while patting her back.

Sumayya breathing heavily , clung to her husband like a koala .

"Do want to talk about it" he asked placing a kiss on her temple after she calmed down . She shaked her head to respond no and he just nodded hugging her closer.

" what if we can never have babies , I mean it's been 2 months sin-" sumayya was saying when ammar cut her off abruptly.

" why would you talk like this , inshallah we will have our own children " Ammar said in a firm voice that sumayya recognized.

He only talked in that tone when he is extremely serious , and whatever he says is final .

" we still have time , we've only been married about 6 months and that incident doesn't mean we can't have children anymore" he said and sumayya sighed exparsatedly.

" but why haven't I con-" sumayya was saying again before she stopped on seeing the look on his face. His expression had turned cold and stoic.

" nothing is wrong with us sumayya and inshallah we will have our own children, now stop talking about it" ammar said in a final tone and sumayya nodded.

" I know , I just...." sumayya said before she broke down in tears again, burying her face into his chest .

" it's fine babe" ammar said reassuring her as he cradled her body against his.

He knew she was still hurting from the loss of their baby , even though she wasn't aware that she was pregnant , she still felt the great intensity.

His heart ached anytime he remembers the incident and how broken she was. No parents would be happy to lose their child.

He still felt guilty for leaving her all alone to handle his mother and everything , if he hadn't left ,just maybe she would have suffered so much and their baby would still be alive.

She was a really strong woman , any woman would have fallen into depression with everything she went through.

Sumayya

" morning babe " I heard ammar say as he kissed my forehead and I smiled snuggling closer into his warm chest and breathing in his woody scent.

" let's sleep some more" I said in groggily rubbing my closed eyes with my hands.

" fine , you sleep some more , I will wake you in ten" he said as he stood up from the bed and I nodded sleepily closing my eyes for another round of sleep.

I took a deep breath as the smell of pancakes wafted to my nose, I quickly sat up on the bed and opened my eyes.
A smile marrs my face when I see ammar standing in front of me with a tray of food , which had pancakes piled on it

" Breakfast in bed" he said with a smirk and I giggled in excitement.

He walked towards me and placed the tray on my lap , I could help but look in awe when I saw the food.