Chapter 23

Ammar

She looked at me after hugging layla but I looked away , I couldn't look her in the eyes after what I did.

I decided to go upstairs and talk to her while everyone was jn the living room.
My heart sunk in my chest when I saw the huge purple bruise on her arm, while she applied ointment on it.

I felt like beating myself up at the moment, she shouldn't have to suffer like this because of me.

"Can we talk" I said as she put a pain relief patch on the bruise .
" later we have guests" she said before walking into the closet , my eyes caught the plaster on her calves as she walked in.

I felt like the worst person In the world , I can't believe I abused my own wife. I don't even know how to apologise to her.

It has not barely been 2 days since we got married and she's already suffering ,
I don't even know what to explain to her.

I feared that she would ask for a divorce , that she won't forgive me. It's justified if she asks for a divorce after what I did but I don't think I will be able to let her go .

My selfish self doesn't want her to go, I've been extremely attached to her in these two days.

She bent down to clean up the mess on the floor as I entered the kitchen, I couldn't even imagine what my mother had said to her . I don't think an apology will suffice for everything that I have caused for her.

She snatched her hand away , when I tried to stop her and cleaned the floor.

She didn't even have a bite of the dessert and my family members kept bombarding her with questions.

Sumayya

After they finished dessert , everyone started to disperse slowly very, soon only layla ,maryam and bilal were left.

" don't touch it" layla said slapping maryam's hand away from the food warmer that was kept on the table. I packed them some extra biryani to take home and maryam has been trying to steal a bite .

" I envy you ya ammar" maryam said pouting and he asked " why" before taking a sip of fura from his glass cup.

" we can only get to eat her amazing biryani sometimes, but you can get it everyday " she replied and he nodded before he said " true , that biryani was the best I've ever tasted" .

" you should taste your mother in law's own its like heaven " layla said snuggling onto bilal's side. And if I know layla, she's sleepy when she starts snuggling.

"Thank you so much for the compliments, you can now be on your way home before you fall asleep here" I said dragging layla up from the sofa.

" you know her so well" bilal said taking her hand from me and helping her stand properly.

" best dinner ever " layla said as she stumbled sleepily , while bilal just held her and maryam followed them behind after we shared a hug.

" let's go and bath my baby" I said to eman and she giggled as I tickled her side before picking her up and perching her on my left side.

" just tidy up the playroom and you can leave" I said to maro , I removed eman's clothes before seeing up a bubble bath and I put her in.

" Mommy my ducky" she said tapping my shoulder , I smiled and put in her rubber duck . After we played around for some time I rinsed her off under the shower and wrapped her in a towel.

Since eman couldn't seem to fall asleep for the past 20 minutes, I decide to play something soothing , I played suratul-baqarah and she fell asleep in less than thirty minutes. After adjusting the heater and covering her with a thick
Blanket I left her room closing the soon behind me.

I could hear the sound of the heavy rainfall as I walked to our room. We clashed when I entered the room as he just finished taking a shower and was clad in only a towel which was around his waist.

I quickly turned around ," you can look you know" he said but I just remain there until I heard him enter the closet.

I went into the bathroom and did my night routine, I couldn't help but savour the smell of his body wash. It was musky with a strong smell of sandalwood and the icing on the cake was the hint of coconut it had. I could smell this forever.

After changing into an armless baggy shirt with some shorts I went ro sit on my side of the bed. I always wear baggy clothes around him to hide my chubby stomach .

General

" what happened ,why did you act like that?"she asked turning to face him
" sumayya, I don't even know what happened with me. I'm really sorry" he said rubbing his hands against each other with an exparsated sigh.

" was it the fact that I was speaking to another man that made you angry" she asked again.

" yeah but I know I wasn't supposed to behave that way and I'm sorry . I know sorry cannot suffice for what I did but I just hope you'd forgive me" he said before putting his hands on hers with a worried expression.

" Then why did you act like that, what happened to talking it out hmmm, you just pushed me away" I said at this time tears were already coming down her face.

" how could you accuse me like that , you didn't even spare me a little trust" she said wiping her tears with a tissue.

" I'm deeply sorry , I don't know what happened , I just could bear the thought of you with another man and I just snapped" he said pulling her closer and wiping the tears on her face.

"But we are married, I chose to marry you why would you think like that" she said with a small hiccup.

" I know and I'm sorry , I promise to make it up to you "he said pleading with her with his eyes.

"Why don't we do this, anytime you're angry just calm down and call me then we can talk about it " she said , he nodded burying his head in the crook of her neck and muttering sorry.

She silently prayed in her mind that this would never happen again or she just have to divorce him.

" so you forgive me" he asked and she chuckled nodding " but only on one condition" she said.

" what is it" he asked " we work this out together " she said and he nodded muttering " thank you".

They looked into each other eyes smiling , he then looked down at her lips . He looked into her eyes again for permission, on getting his answer he bent forward and smashed his lips on hers.

OMG our gurl had her first KISS.
*squeals*
Thank you so much guys hope to see you in the next chapter.

   *squeals*Thank you so much guys hope to see you in the next chapter