Chapter 34

Sumayya

They are hosting a family picnic in ammar's family to celebrate his cousin who just got married , we couldn't attend the wedding because I was in the hospital. And I must say ,ammar has a very big family ,some I've never even met before. Though I'm going to meet most at the picnic cause a lot of family members came for the wedding.

So here I was , in front of my closet trying to pick out the best clothes to make a good impression since they were meeting me for the first time. The table in our closet room was now filled with lots of my dresses and I am just standing in the middle trying to pick one.

" I already told you to wear anything you like, it not like they are the ones who married you" ammar said as he came into the room.

" that is not helping ammar" I said pouting in the middle of my heap of clothes where I sat.

"Plus you never have problem choosing clothes when you're going out with me" he said sitting on a chair with his phone in hand.

"Well that's because you already love me so much " I said standing up from inside my heap of clothes and going to pull his hand.

"Oya come and help me arrange these clothes back , I'm tired " I said pouting as I pulled on his right arm and he just chuckled.

" did I help you disarrange it , why should I help you in arrange it" he said and I gasped dramatically.

" I'm going back to my father's house, nobody loves me here" I said fake crying and ammar just laughed.

" My God , I married a drama queen" he said and I slapped his shoulder.

" you're laughing are you not supposed to help me" I said , putting on a fake angry face as I started arranging my clothes back into the closet.

" I should call layla , this is a fashion emergency" I said and ammar just shaked his head saying " you should have done that before disturbing me " .

I glared at him before picking up my phone to video call maryam and layla.

" hey guys" I said as they picked , " we have fashion emergency I don't know what to wear to the picnic" I said and maryam laughed " lucky me , I'm not going to the picnic ,you and layla should go and face all the aunties " maryam said and layla pouted .

" is it that bad" I asked
" they are going to drill you with questions"layla said .

" you can wear that summer gown , that I bought for you and eman since it's a picnic" layla said and I nodded before cutting the call.

Maryam was not going to be attending the picnic because she's already back in school.

" there you are"i said releasing a sigh of relief as I picked out the dress from my closet. It was a long maxi floral dress ,that layla got from eman and I when she went on her honeymoon.

I tried it on to see the hijab that fits it , I finally settled on a light green hijab that matched it beautifully.

" ammar you have to wear English today ,so that we can match as a family" I said as I came out of the washroom drying my wet hair with a towel.

" whyyy I already picked a kaftan for today" he said groaning loudly from where he sat on the bed.

" cause we have to match , now come on I need to dry my hair " I said throwing the hair dryer to his side. He always helps me with my hair, since it's very voluminous and I get easily tired doing it on my own.

" so will you wear it?" I said giving him a pout and he laughed " that pout is cute but it can't work on me" he said running the comb through my now dry hair.

" how about this" I said placing a peck on his cheek , " not close" he said and I placed a short kiss on his lips.

" quite close" he said before he started placing small kiss on my neck .

" ammar , we have a picnic to get to" I said as he gently pushed me onto the bed before hovering over me .

"Picnic can wait" he said before capturing my lips in a sweet kiss, he nibbled on my upper lip as he changed our positions , I was now straddling him. My fingers roamed around his back and a moan sounded from my throat.

" babe , we can't be late" I said breaking the kiss as we breathed heavily from lack of oxygen.

" so are you going to wear English?" I asked

" Hmm,let me think about it" he said and I pouted angrily ," fine then I can think about sleeping in eman's room this night " I said getting up from the bed.

" fineee, you wicked woman" he said groaning and I giggled , that was one way that never failed to get me what I want.

I put on my dressing robe , with a short hijab before going downstairs cause ammar's grandparents were still staying with us , they extended their stay because of the wedding. My parents returned yesterday because my dad had an important meeting , though my mom wanted to stay but I forced her to go.

" please check on the kunu on fire" I said gently flipping the akara balls in the pan of oil.

I had quite mastered hausa food now , cause Mama shared her recipes with me. Since we were going on a picnic I decided on something light this morning , so I was making kunu dawa and Kosai , which is basically pap and akara .

After setting the table , and putting a large pot of my special smoky biryani with chicken in the oven to cook, I was making biryani cause each family were asked to bring food along. So that everyone can have a share of different delicacies.

I went upstairs to get eman ready, "Salamakum mommy" eman said as I picked her up from her bed , she was already awake when I got there.

" it's Salamualikum ,baby" I corrected her, her speech was now better ever since we started therapy.

I removed her nightwear and took her to the bathroom to bath her, I dried her with a towel after her bath before dressing her up In a cute replica of my dress , I also put on a light green hijab for her. I was slowly incorporating hijab into her clothes so that she would get used to it .

I then gave her a bottle of her favourite nesquik , before taking her with me to get dressed.

" my princess is looking so beautiful " ammar said as I came into the room with eman and she giggled before jumping on the bed to join him.

" looking dashing , hubby" I said as he laughed , he was wearing a black long sleeve tshirt with blue jeans and white sneakers to match .

I went into the closet and got dressed , I paired my dress with nude flat slippers from Zara , eman was also wear some cute white sandals to match her dress.

We then went downstairs for breakfast where we met ammar's grandparents already at the table sipping on cups of hot tea. We greeted them , before I began to serve breakfast.

"Sumayya, what's the name of that oil that you put in the humidifier in our room" grandpa asked

" it's a mixture of lavender and lemon oil" I said smiling at him and he nodded
" you should give me some before we go , it helped us sleep well" mama said and I nodded ,taking a note to pack the oils for them .

" you've mastered hausa cooking o" mama said and I smiled nodding at her.

" that's good so that you can cook delicacies for your husband" she said before taking a bite of an akara ball.

" you should feed him until he's all round and chubby" mama said and we all laughed .

" remember , a fat husband is an happy husband , that no other woman wants" she said and we burst out laughing except ammar who was shaking his head at us.

_________________________________________

Thank you so much guys, don't forget to vote ,share and comment.

~nana🥰