Chapter 4

I stood up from the bed as I heard the adhaan[call for prayer], a mosque was near the house I could hear it loud and clear and I wonder why they were still sleeping .

By they I mean layla, eman and maryam .layla and eman were snuggled together while maryam had a leg over the both of them .

   I shaked them awake after I prayed and went downstairs for something to eat cause my stomach was growling .

I made myself some tea and sat down to drink while I checked my messages and mails .

  Baedhor had sent me some messages and I replied and also asked how she was enjoying married life .

  I didn't realised I had been sitting jn the kitchen for two hours until eman pulled my hijab " I'm hungry " she said pouting and I smiled at her .

She was a properly behaved and cute 4 year old girl , I decided to make breakfast for everyone but I first went to the kitchen to get eman something to eat.

  I made gave eman some warm milk and a slice of bread to lay her off before the food was ready .

   I got to work and started peeling the potatoes and yam , I decided to make yam and potatoes with some eggs in cabbage gravy

This was a cuisine I learnt in Paris,  layla and I had gone to Paris for a vacation after we finished hajj in mecca.

we decided to go on a pastime vacation after graduating university but hajj was first on our list so we went to Paris after we finished hajj.

   Maimunat , the cook joined me some minutes after I started cooking , I decided to fry and also boil the yam and potatoes so everyone can have a choice.

    When I finished cooking I told maimunat to set the table and call everyone for breakfast while I went upstairs to freshen up and change my clothes .

    Ammar

" I am about to have breakfast at your soon to be wife's place" I said to bilal, he is my bestfriend and also my favourite cousin's to be husband.

"lucky you" he said groaning , we talked a bit more before hanging up .

"Oh ya ammar you didn't go home" layla said drowsily , she was still wearing her pajamas with a shoulder length hijab .

   We sat for breakfast and I got introduced to another family ,turns out they were layla's bestfriend family.

"maimunat this is delicious "layla said to the cook and everyone nodded in agreement .

"oh I didn't make this layla , sumayya did" the cook said and left.

"who is sumayya" I asked layla confused .

"Sumayya ,my bestfriend" she replied . The food was amazing , the last time I had food like this was when I went for a business trip outside the country.

"Daddy" I heard eman say as she came downstairs with an unfamiliar lady , I hugged her and put her on my lap .

  I got a better look at the lady when she sat down , she was chubby and lightskined with round chubby cheeks , and her cheeks were definitely unique to all I have seen ,she was also quite tall for a girl .

she gave of this sweet and sunshine aura she was wearing an abaya like blue gown and hijab which was a darker shade of blue. All in all she was definitely beautiful .

  "Ya ammar ,this is sumayya my bestfriend " layla said introducing us and she muttered a small salamalikum.

Her voice was absolutely splendid it was soft .
Why am I acting like this , I said in my mind as hijabis are not my type. 

"But I want to stay with maya" eman said refusing to go with me .

"go with daddy you can come back tomorrow "sumayya said.

Even though eman is a friendly child , she doesn't warm up to people easily ,so I wondered how she got attached to sumayya.

   "Bye " eman and I said before getting into the car , maryam didn't come with us because she claimed she had some where to go with the girls.

   Sumayya

I came downstairs with eman after freshening up "daddy" eman said to a man who picked her up and sat her on his lap.

I figured he must be ya ammar ,I looked up to see a tall dark and handsome young man ,he had quite the body build and also a nicely shaped beard.

"astaghfurllah" I said in my mind when I realised I had been gazing at him.

    Plus he was definitely not in my league and is most likely  married for all i know, I muttered,a small salamalikum when layla introduced us .

After he left with eman we all got ready to go out , we sat waiting for maryam as she went to pick her phone. 

So I decided to ask the one question that has been on my mind since breakfast.

"Is he married" I asked maryam

  __________________________________

They finally met and sumi is curious about him
Thank you , don't forget to vote comment and share
  ~nana 🥰