Chapter 36

Sumayya

I put on my slippers before picking up the water jug and going out of the room quietly cause I didn't want to wake ammar.it was in the middle of the night, I was going downstairs to fill our water jug.

After filling the jug from the dispenser, I went to eman's room to check on her , but she wasn't in her bed .panicking I was about to go and call ammar when I heard crying from the bathroom.

My heart broke at the sight I saw when I opened the toilet door, eman was huddled up in a corner crying, I picked her up and took her out.

" what happened, baby?" I asked her sitting her on the edge of her bed as u wiped her tears with a tissue.

" you know you can tell mommy anything eh" I said when she didn't reply.

" the kids at school, don't like me , they say that I'm difent" she said sniffing .

" did they say or do any other thing to you" I asked

" They push me when I want to play and pull my hair" she said in a low voice.

" my baby, I'm sorry I didn't know" I said hugging her close to my chest, trying to ignore the ache that my daughter was being bullied and I didn't notice.

" mommy is going to take you to school tomorrow and I will talk to those kids to stop" I said and she nodded.

" but I don't have any friends "she said and I turned her to look at me.

" you do , I'm your friend ,mommy is your bestfriend" I said and she nodded giving me a small smile.

" as your bestfriend you have to tell me anything that happens, okay?" I said and she nodded.

" pinky promise?" I said holding out my pinky , and she smiled joining her pinky to mine.

" anything that happens ,you come to mommy ,okay?" I said and she nodded.

" come on ,you will sleep with mommy and daddy today" I said and held her hand before going out her the room.

I laid her to sleep between ammar and me , and I gently patted her to sleep.

##################################

I groaned as I could feel someone jumping on the bed , I opened my eyes to see eman playing with ammar.

" morning mommy" she said and I nodded kissing her forehead.

" morning babe" I said to ammar and he kissed my forehead.

I took eman to the bathroom to perform ablution with me ,then we came out and ammar led us in prayer .

I was happy that eman was getting better in praying and she no longer threw a fuss about wearing her hijab, she has gotten used to it.

I made eman a bottle of her nesquik and she drank it up and fell asleep again in no time, I let her sleep cause her school didn't start until 10 in the morning and It was still quite early.

"Babe, there's something I need to tell you" I said to ammar as he was putting on his shirt.

"What is it?"He asked turning to face me as he shrugged on his suit jacket, he was leaving early cause he had a meeting, normally he would leave for work by 8 but he was leaving by 7 today.

"Eman is being bullied at school" I said in one breath and he froze.

"What? "He said in shock.

"I met her crying in the bathroom when I went to check on her in the middle of the night" I said with a sigh.

" I am such a bad mother, I didn't even notice she was being bullied" I said wiping a tear that slipped from my eyes.

"You're not a bad mother" ammar said pulling me into a hug.

" I'm going to see the principal today" I said and he just nodded . I knew he as a feeling bad as a father that his daughter was being bullied.

" I can't believe my little girl is being bullied" he said

" update me when you get to the school " he said and I nodded knowing his tie and adjusting his jacket for him.

" see you later" ammar said kissing my forehead before getting into the car ,while I stood and watched him drive out of the compound before going back inside .

_______________________________________

"Baby, you never let your mates talk down on you, do you understand?" I said to eman adjusting her school uniform as we were in the car.

" And remember, you can always tell mommy anything" I said hugging her close to my chest.

" I love you mommy" she said and I smiled replying her " I love you too, my baby".

I waved eman off to her class before going to the principals office.

"Good morning ma'am how may I help you" the principal, a small chubby woman who was dressed in Ankara atampa said to me ,adjusting her glasses which was perched on her nose.

" I though this school had zero tolerance for bullying" I said and she looked at me confused before asking
" is there a problem ma'am?"

" yes there is a problem, I just found out that my daughter is being bullied by some of her classmates" I said

" may I ask her name and class?" She asked

"Eman shagari , kindergarten B2 " I said and she nodded before picking her phone to call someone.

A young lady who I assumed to be eman's teacher came in with eman

" can you tell me the names of your classmates that have been disturbing you" she asked and eman mentioned some names, she nodded before going out of the office.

"My child has autism , I could sue this school for the effects it has on her" I said in a serious tone.

" I'm so sorry ma, I will make sure to stop this and call in the parents of the children " she said and I nodded before the teacher came back in with four kids who looked a little bit bigger than eman.

" these are the kids ma'am I will make sure to call in their parents and this will not happen again" she said and I nodded
Before going out with eman.

" they won't bully you again , I already talked to your teacher , now be a good girl " I said and she nodded hugging me.

" don't worry we will go out for ice cream and games with daddy when you come back" I said and she nodded excitedly before waving to me and bouncing off to class.

I sigh getting into the car and driving out of the school compound.

#####################
" what appointments do I have today" I asked aisha, she was my assistant and she was currently undergoing her internship.

" yes ma , you have 2 appointments today, Mr Saidi and Ms andullah " she replied as I dropped my bag and sat on my chair

" Mr saidi for 11oclock , he's a bit late for his appointment" she said and I nodded .

"Good morning ,Mr saidi it's nice to see you here again" I said gesturing him to sit down before we began the therapy session.

_______________________________________

Thank you so much guys, don't forget to comment ,vote and share.
~nana🥰