Anniversary

"Harry are you sure you can do that in two weeks?", Niall asked, giving Harry a doubtful look.
"Of course, I've already got a few things prepared. Also it's three weeks, not two.", Harry replied, shrugging.
Niall frowned and looked at his calendar on his phone. "No, mate, its two because we are xx/xx/xx ", he stated, holding it up.
Harry's eyes widened. "Is that the date???", he almost screamed, "FUCK! I'm so screwed! I missed our anniversary dinner!"
"Oh geez, I'm sure Y/N will understand.", Niall said, while Harry grabbed his things and ran to the door.
"It's our three-year-anniversary!", he called over his shoulder.
"Oh yeah... you're screwed."
Harry stood on the sidewalk, looking for a taxi, but of course, in moments like this, there was none anywhere in sight.
"Bloody hell, usually every second car is a taxi and today... nothing!", he mumbled.
He thought for a second then ran. Three streets down, he was finally able to hail a taxi. He jumped in, totally out of breath and told the driver the address of the restaurant. He hoped and prayed that you were still there.
He raced inside and asked one of the waiters about you.
"Sorry, mate, she left about half an hour ago. Didn't look very happy."
Harry frowned at the unnecessary judgement, but didn't say anything. Instead he ran again, out of the restaurant and to the next tube station.
As he got to the apartment building he found that there was a party of some sort going on in the lobby. The doorman greeted him with a smile. "Mr. Styles, so good to see you. Ms.Y/N just went upstairs. She looked very pretty and she really liked the paintings."
He made a gesture at the brightly coloured paintings hanging around the lobby, with various groups of people standing in front of them. Harry'd forgotten about the soirée. It had also been part of tonight's plan, first a nice dinner, then this. He was such an idiot. As he walked up the stairs he looked up, towards you in your shared apartment on the top floor, but also towards the sky, the universe, wondering what he had done to deserve this. He sighed and made his way up, using the extra time, walking up gave him, to think of a way to make up for this. His thumb touched something soft in his pocket and he groaned.
"Hey there.", Harry's low voice came from behind you.
You hugged the blanket, wrapped around you, tighter, anger rumbling in your stomach. His boots made dark sounds on the wooden floor of the balcony, like a cowboy in the old Westerns walking into a saloon, about to cause trouble. Oh, he was already in trouble, alright.
"Y/N , I'm so - ", he began, but you cut him off.
"Don't.", you hissed, "I swear to God, Harry, don't tell me you're sorry or I will fling you off this building."
Harry flinched. "Even though I am?", he asked, quietly, carefully standing a good distance from you.
"I don't care. The only good reason for you to miss this dinner, would have been, that you were seriously hurt or dead and seeing as you aren't either... yet... I don't wanna hear ANYTHING from you tonight." You got up and went inside. "I already prepared everything for you. Oh and happy anniversary, Harry. All the FUCKING love."
And with that you threw the door to your bedroom shut and locked it. Harry stood there for a moment, with hunched shoulders, toying with the idea of flinging himself off the building. But he thought that would probably annoy you even more, so he walked over to the couch, which, as you'd said, you'd already prepared for him to sleep on. He sat down with a sigh. His eyes fell on the thin, square present laying on the coffee table, wrapped in shrill paper and with a red bow on it. He smiled sadly and unwrapped it. Tears welled up in his eyes as he saw what you'd gotten him. The Rolling Stone's first album on Vinyl and signed by all of them. As he pulled out the disk a few small pieces of paper fell out. Notes from Ronnie Wood and Mick Jagger, telling him that he was quite lucky to have a girl like you and that he should hold onto you tight. Harry shook his head and lay down on the couch. Gosh, he'd really messed this up.
When you left the bedroom the next morning, your anger had died down a little and had mostly been replaced by disappointment, which was probably worse. A bit of that anger flared up again though, when you realised that Harry wasn't on the couch nor anywhere else in the apartment.
A note was waiting for you in the kitchen: Y/N ,I'm not gonna say I'm sorry, 'cause I know you don't wanna hear it and even though I am. So instead I decided to make it up to you. You're THE most important person in my life and I don't wanna loose you over my stupid forgetfulness. So please, have an open mind and let me do this, ok? Now go get dressed, go to 'Pret a Manger' around the corner and tell them your name.
And with that a scavenger hunt through London started....You thought for a moment it ll be fun and exhilarating and you completely forgot, at least for a while, that you were mad at Harry.
Your last stop was the London eye. And Harry was there, waiting for you. He smiled softly as you got closer.
You sighed. "You know, distracting me doesn't make me forget, Styles. I'm a woman, I can multitask.", you told him.
He laughed and nodded. "I know and now that we're on the ground and you can't fling me off any buildings, I wanted to say I'm sorry. I'm a jerk and there is no excuse for me forgetting about dinner."
"I could still drown you in the Thames.", you quipped and Harry chuckled, a slight hint of panic in his eyes.
"Ok, but maybe first you want to hear what I have to say and THEN you can drown me in the Thames, if you still wan to. Shall we?", he gestured toward the capsule.
You bit your lip, then nodded and went inside. It was just the two of you in there and you were pretty certain it was after closing hours. Slowly you went up, the lights of the city glittering and sparkling.
You looked out through the glass walls and sighed. "This city is so gorgeous."
"I wouldn't say that.", Harry told you.
You glanced at him and realised he was only looking at you. You smiled a little.
"Thank you for the gift, it's perfect!", he said quietly.
You shrugged. "Yeah, well, I'm good like that and I remember stuff."
He laughed. "Deserved that. But listen, me forgetting about this dinner doesn't mean I forgot about you or about how happy you've made me every day for the past three years." You rolled your eyes. You hated that he always knew what to say. "And, baby, we're finally in a good place with everything. Your work and mine, living here for a few months a year and living in LA for the other few, you being able to travel around with me... it's all working out and I can't believe how lucky I am. I seriously wake up every morning, look at you and thank God and the universe for it all. You are the best thing that has happened to me and I would be so lost without you. You are the constant sunshine in my life. You fill my everyday with love, laughter, warmth and happiness and I don't want to... no actually, I CAN'T imagine spending another day ever without you. I need you, always and forever. And so I got just one question to ask you...", he knelt down, making you stare down at him, eyes wide and mouth hanging open, as he pulled out a small box from his pocket, wrapped in soft velvet, "Y/N, the love of my life, will you make me yours, forever and always?"
With half a brain you realised that you had reached the top of the London eye and the entire city shone up at you, like a big diamond all of itself. He'd timed this perfectly. Tears made your vision go blurry and your throat close, so you just nodded. Yes, he was sometimes in his own head and in his own time, but you wouldn't want him any other way, for the rest of your life. He grinned up at you, hastily put the ring on your finger and then pulled you into a tight hug, wrapping his long arms around you, and kissed you deeply, tears of joy mixing together on your lips.
"Fine, I won't drown you then.", you said begrudgingly, making Harry laugh.

#Jxx. 😂✋🚶