2

ELEVEN YEARS AGO

Chapter 2

[Greyson]

"Daddy I'm scared." Sophia sobs as I pick her up running down the stairs.

'Do you have Luke?' I link Valerie and wait for her reply.

"Hold on tight baby girl." I tell Sophia then grab on to the railing and jump.

Sophia screams as we fall from the third floor down to the first.

"You're doing great honey." I say softly then kiss her forehead as she tries staying strong, hiccupping with a small nod of her head as she tries sucking in her sobs.

'I have him here in the safe room. Where are you and Soph?" Valerie's voice was anxious only causing a sigh of relief to escape my lips, determination taking over my being.

For a few seconds everything's a blur until I find myself in front of the safe room doors.

"Sweetheart, open up!" I say knocking on the door as I hear screaming.

Valerie opens the door with a worried expression and takes Sophia from my arms.

"Mommy what's happening?" Soph sobs and Luke peaks out from behind Val looking at his crying sister.

"Hey baby it's okay. Mommy and Daddy will be right back." Valerie cooes then kneels down to Sophia's height.

I look around the hallway waiting for a threat to show itself when another sirens song is heard.

"Van, we don't have time for this." I say through clenched teeth as a loud thunderous roar is heard from the floor above us. Luke's head immediately darts towards the sound as Soph sobs harder.

"Daddy don't go!" Sophia cries then clings onto my leg as I hear a loud snarl from down the hall.

"Angel we gotta go." I say with a soft smile then look at Valerie.

She sighs then grabs Sophia face and kisses her forehead.

"Stay with Luke and the other mommy's and kids okay baby girl? We'll be back soon but mommy and daddy have to get rid of the bad guys." Valerie says then picks up Sophia and hands her to an omega named Mary.

"Mommy, Daddy I love you!" Sophe sobs and I look down at Luke who's looking down the hallway with a smirk.

This damn boy loves trouble.

'Who do you think he get it from?' Valerie's voice enters my head and I see her smile.

"Luke you don't leave this room for anything until we come back or a trusted pack member collects you. Understood?" I ask and he nods eagerly.

"Yes Dad." I smile and hug him quickly and Valerie kisses him.

"Stay safe baby and kick butt if you have to." Valerie smiles and Luke smiles back.

"They're downstairs!" Someone shouts and Valerie takes a deep breath.

"Lock it Luke." She says in a hard voice, and starts running down the hallway back upstairs.

I look back down at Luke and he smiles.

"Go get 'em Dad, we'll be okay."

And with the comfort of knowing my pups are safe and my wife is right there with me, I run off.

I ran off to the fight that was said to happen on Sophia's birthday.

Where her prophecy is revealed.