17

Chapter 17

/Luke\

Today I woke up this morning in the worst mood of my life.

I felt angry, trapped, annoyed and anxious with many other emotions I couldn't describe. Everything, every person, just seeing them breathing annoyed me.

Earlier today guards put me into the yard and since then everyone has either tried staying away from me, or trying to talk to me.

To sense an Alpha's anger or stress isn't hard to pick up on, even if it isn't your Alpha. So I don't know why the bloody hell people are trying to approach me when I'm hanging on by one string from ripping everyone's heads off.

Giggling hits my ears and I turn to see three girls looking my way, smiling and waving making me glare.

I had no time or patience for anyone today, when I said everything and everyone annoyed me I meant it. There wasn't one person I felt I had time for.

Except for her.

I turned around to see Paisley standing there, looking angry and troubled like me, yet she still smiled once I looked her way.

Relief and happiness ran through me at seeing her. I felt like seeing her brightened my day, and nothing could really go wrong with her around.

Once I had her in my sights it didn't take long for me to run to her and hug her in my arms.

Hearing her heart beating, the warmth coming off her, feeling her against me and knowing nothing had changed put me at ease knowing she was safe.

"I'm glad to see you're safe." I whisper then kiss her neck softly. She didn't seem to mind as she started giggling saying she missed me as well making me smile.

"How are you? Are you okay?" She says after I pull away, then looks my body up and down, checking for what, I'm not sure.

"I've been okay. Just regular wolfsbane injections." I say shrugging, leaving out the part that involved sudden mood changes and violent thoughts that seemed to be clouding my head.

Paisley didn't need to worry about my problems, I didn't want her to worry. I also didn't want to revisit those thoughts, so I quickly changed the subject when I realized she was going to farther question me about my answer.

"I saw Sophia." I say and her eyes widen.

"Y-You did? What is she here for? She didn't follow us into the building did-?"

"The Alpha of this pack is her mate. That's why she's here." I growl, feeling that same anger I did when she first told me, and more.

She's our sister, be happy for her. My wolf said making me growl.

Yeah well it's kind of fucking hard when her mate is the reason I'm even here. I retort then block him out.

Some part of me knew how I was acting was rash, and I blamed that on my wolf. I didn't want him guilt tripping me or trying to make me see reason. He's like the scolding parent I never asked for.

Soon after I blocked off the link, I noticed a man walk out of the prison, searching for someone, until his eyes landed on Paisley and I making me glare.

"Hey Paisley, inside Ariah wants to see you now!" The guard yells then smirks at me as I bare my teeth and hug Paisley to my side.

There was no way I was letting her go back in there alone, not without me, not again.

"I'm coming with you." I say then grab my mates small hand in mine as we walk towards the building.

There was no way I was letting her see that twisted prick without me.