4

THREE YEARS AGO

Chapter 4

/Luke\

"You should go out with Jackie, she's hot." Some kid named Danny says and I shrivel my nose in disgust.

Ew, she's not my mate.

"I think I might try it on with your sister if that's okay with you, because she's just so hot. I mean-." I stop walking and look over at Danny glaring then punch him in his face sending him to the ground.

"Don't talk about my sister like that, you won't be trying anything on her." I growl then continue walking outside for my shift.

Prick.

"Hey Luke!" Jackie comes walking over, her ponytail swinging behind her and I try not to roll my eyes or spit on her.

She used to pick on Soph, I hope she falls and breaks her arm.

"What do you want Jackie? I'm getting ready for my shift." I ground out and she shrugs giggling at nothing and I bite my tongue to keep from saying something rude.

"Well I was just wondering... maybe we could, I don't know... date or something. I mean we'd be pe-."

"No." I say flatly and Jackie looks confused.

"No? Why-?"

"Because I don't like you. You don't think I'm oblivious to all the times you've picked on my sister, the Alpha's daughter do you?" I ask flatly as I slip my shoes off and walk to the backyard.

"N-no. But I-I just thought- I mean, we were only playing. Luke-." I glare and turn to look at the girl trailing behind me with an angry expression.

"No, it wasn't playing. I said no and that's final. Now leave. I don't want you at my shift." I glare.

Jackie bows her head then scurries away when my mom walks up with a smile then sighs.

"My baby is fifteen. Where did the time go?" She asks oblivious to the conversation I'd been in moments ago, as she places her hands on my shoulders smiling at me.

"I remember when you were so tiny that your little butt fit in my hand-."

"Mom!" I say with wide eyes, a horrified expression on my face as she raises a brow.

"What? Are you embarrassed Lukey?" She cooes and I look down closing my eyes.

She wants me to be embarrassed.

"No mom. Of course not." I say looking up at her and she smiles.

"I'm messing with you baby. Now get out on that field and make your mama proud. We'll be going on your first run once you shift. Be ready because I'm going to kick your ass." She says with a sweet smile and I smirk.

"I'll let you think that." She gasps causing me to laugh then pushes me along.

"Go on you little butthead." She says and I nod following my moms orders.

I stand in the middle of the field as the pack gets a good distance from me then gets into crowds to watch their future Alpha shift.

I stand there waiting for the shift to start when a sharp pain strikes me in my legs causing me to kneel on the ground.

"The shift has started!"
* * *
THREE WEEKS LATER

~Valerie~

"What are you doing?" Greyson asks as he sits on a chair at the island.

"Washing dishes. What are you doing?" I laugh as I continue washing the pot in my hands.

"Mom where's my birth certificate?!" Luke yells and I stop washing the dishes freezing.

'Youre in trouble now' Naomi sings and I wash the soap from my hands.

"Uhhh, why do you need it?" I yell back and Luke comes down the stairs stopping on one of the steps.

"Because... you know, football is starting soon... and they needed my birth certificate..." Luke draws out and Greyson turns around while I frown.

"Football? Wouldn't that be unfair with you having Alpha blood and going to a human school?" Greyson asks and Luke crosses his arms over his chest.

"They don't have to know." He mutters then looks to me.

"So, birth certificate mom?" Luke asks and I bite my lip.

"Yeah... it's upstairs." I say curtly and Luke raises an eyebrow.

"Which part upstairs mom?" Luke asks and I shrug looking back at the dishes.

'Hes going to find out soon.' May snickers.

"You know... upstairs." I say.

"Yeah sweetheart, where upstairs?" Greyson asks suddenly and I turn back around to face Greyson and Luke.

"In our room, in your night stand." Just like that Greyson and Luke disappear up the stairs while I bite my lip.

Remember how I thought it would be so funny if I went through with that joke of naming Luke after Luke Hemmings?

Yeah...

"Oh my god mom what did you do?!" Luke asks horrified.

I hear Greyson say sharply, "Let me see." Some panic was evident in his voice. I shrug it off as Raven and Sophe walk in.

Oh what the hell, this will be hilarious I think as I start laughing.

"YOU NAMED HIM LUKE HEMMINGS ANDERSON?!"

And let me tell you, I never laughed so hard in my life.