13

Chapter 13

~Sophia~

I didn't want to look at him. I didn't even want to touch him.

But I soon found myself looking into his silver eyes that completely mesmerized me.

I wanted to tell myself I didn't feel sparks, or butterflies, or that every part of my body didn't feel alive. But I did. And I knew that if I wanted to talk him out of the war then I couldn't let him have an effect on me like this. I needed to be strong.

This pep talk wasn't out of the ordinary. I often gave myself these talks to prepare myself for when I met him and how I wouldn't be effected by anything and blah blah blah. But I didn't think I would feel so strongly towards.

I finally understood why Mom said this was easier said than done.

When I met my mate, I expected him to be this mean, ugly, giant, man covered in scares and a nasty attitude.

He was indeed much bigger than me, he had muscle and a fit body, but he was also really handsome. He radiated power, and I knew not to underestimate him.

He's said to be one of the worst men in the world.

I also knew that my plan would have to come into action and I would need to fulfill my part of the prophecy.

For Mom.

But there was something that I didn't ever train for, I calculated conversations, plans, persuasive arguments, everything yet I forgot to train myself how I would play out this whole first meeting thing.

He stares at me as I look back up at him unsure of what to do. Should I bolt, or stay put until he let's me go then bolt.

His neutral look soon turns into a deep scowl and I want to groan as I sense a scolding.

Here we go, here comes the nasty attitude.

"Did you kill my men?" He snarls and I glare not digging his nasty ass attitude. They were the ones who came at me.

"Sure did." I say bluntly making him glare more.

He doesn't say anything but glare at me as I cross my arms.

"Now what?" I question and he gives a final glare before turning around grabbing my wrist and tugging me along as sparks fly and I mentally groan.

Great, the sparks, the good looking mate, it's the whole shebang.

He then walks over to my old cell then manages to put me in it all the while I stand there not processing anything or managing to do anything in time.

He then drags away the two bodies from the cell and locks the door.

"Have fun in containment." He tells me and I gape.

"What the hell, you're not going to let me out?!" I ask as he makes sure the lock is secure.

"Bad girls aren't allowed into the house." He replies and I want to throw something at his face.

But not too hard because I mean, his face.

I huff shaking my head then sit down on the ground then look up to see he's already left annoying me further.

I sat there thinking of how in the world I ended up here then looked up at the ceiling.

I wondered what was in store for me, for all of us.
* * *

/Luke\

"Just know you cannot touch her." He tells me and I glare tapping my foot rapidly on the pavement.

"Just open the damn door." I say and he does.

There sits my mate all tied up on a chair, her head rolled to the front showing that she's sleeping like that, in an uncomfortable old wooden chair, those ties probably blistering her skin.

I growl at this then turn to Ariah.

"You left her like this?" I ask and he slowly walks in while pressing his remote and I snarl at my body shaking then waiting for his command.

I felt humiliated and useless, as my body listened to that damned remote.

What made it worse was that I was obeying the man who put me here, I slowly felt my pride slipping away and it drove me even crazier as I started walking to wherever my legs led me.

My legs move on their own and sit me in a chair right in front of Paisley, as I see the mark from her getting injected start to turn dark purple and spread around her neck, like an odd necklace. It looked somewhat like henna ink, but then it started to turn into a deep dark sickly pink, and somehow glowed but still stayed dark.

"What's happening to her?" I whisper trying to lean towards her as the purple starts to spread to her collarbone, then a thin streak goes into her shirt most likely spreading to her heart.

She suddenly jerks forward in her seat gasping for air as I stare wide eyed and try moving towards her, but my body doesn't allow it.

"Goddammit, Paisley!" I yell hoping she'll wake up and I try pushing towards her.

The more I resist and try to move my neck starts to burn and I glare.

"What is this?" I ask pointing to my neck since Ariah allowed it.

"It's a little control serum I made. Whoever is injected, they're controlled by me and this remote. And I'm the only one the remote will take commands from." He smiles and my body start to shake as I try fighting off the commands of the serum.

Slowly my hand starts to lift up and my legs start to move as I want them to when I reach Paisley and Ariah gasps.

"How are you- Wolves! Wolves you stupid mutts!" He yells as wolves start filling in the room walking towards me.

I lift Paisley's chin to look at her then kiss her forehead.

"I'll be back for you." I whisper in her ear then stand up fighting off the wolves, but then more and more come until Ariah's serum start to work again and I'm pushed out of the room into a giant courtyard.

× × ×

This chapter is really short but next chapter will be much longer. I hope you all enjoy!

Read.Comment.Vote.Follow.
♧ 1434everr ♧