6

PRESENT

*Important Authors Note*

Chapter 6

Dedicated to: KyleighBlakley

{Valerie}

"G-Greyson I'm terrified." I gasp as I stare down at my hands shaking my head.

Today is the day after Luke's birthday. Which means he'll find his mate tomorrow, and the war will begin.

I mean, we've been preparing for eighteen years now but that doesn't mean I'm not terrified.

I could lose one of my kids.

"Hey," Greyson says kneeling in front of me.

"Everything will be okay. Remember, we're going to come out of this war and no one will be harmed. We'll get through this." My mate assures and I sigh.

"You're right." I say softly and he smiles.

"I always am. Now, we should continue searching for Luke's mate. I think if we make him wait any longer then-."

Luke busts through the door looking frantic and I raise a brow.

"Come on we're losing time! What if I don't even meet her and she's taken before that! I won't even know what to look for." Luke says frantically then runs out of the hotel room and down stairs.

I get off the bed then walk down the stairs hand and hand with Greyson.

"He's gonna die if we keep him waiting longer." I laugh and Greyson chuckles while Luke comes around a corner glaring at us.

"Mom Dad, come on! We're never gonna find her if you guys are walking slower than Sophie's turtle!" Luke exclaims.

"Hey! You leave Jimmy out of this!" Sophia says pointedly at Luke and I try to keep from laughing.

"Okay everyone! In the car! Here we go, tally hoe, we are officially all getting in the car!" Luke says as he shoos us all into the car.

"Someone's eager." Sophie murmurs as Greyson and I get in the back since Luke is trying to practice his way around other Alpha's territories.

I start putting my seat belt when the car jerks forward causing us to all fly forward as Luke makes the car go full speed.

"Sorry guys." Luke mumbles as I stare wide eyed at him.

"Calm down before you run into your mates house." Greyson comments as Luke's hands tighten on the steering wheel.

"Who's the next Alpha we're visiting?" Luke asks as we pull into the Alpha's territory.

"Uh..." Sophia rummages through her brain then looks through the notes her and Luke took together to learn the different Alpha's.

"Alpha Banks?" She questions and shrugs.

"I don't think we've ever been here. Have we mom?" She asks turning to look at me as Luke does the same.

"No we haven't. Your father and I have met them briefly at a council meeting once before." I say and Sophia nods.

"Welp, let's take a go at it, aye brother?" Soph says while nudging his arm while he looks at her weirdly.

"You're a weird child." He says and Greyson laughs.

"She's your sister." Greyson says.

"She's your daughter." Luke replies.

"She's your daughter." Greyson tells me and my eyes widen.