8

Chapter 8

/Luke\

"Wait wait wait," We all look at Paisley as her quiet voice breaks through the silence and she stares at me with her mesmerising eyes.

"You're who the books were talking about." She says softly as she stares into my eyes.

"Baby you've read about this?" Alexandra asks and Paisley nods while smiling softly.

"Yeah, I've read every book in that library." She laughs and I smile at the sight of her laughing.

She really is beautiful.

"The prophecy says that the mate of Luke Anderson will be taken two days after they meet. It's just, I don't understand what's so bad about them taking me." She frowns and I frown as well at what she's just said.

"Everything is bad about that." I reply and she looks up into my eyes with her piercing blue ones.

"No, it's said that by me being taken, it sets off a chain of events. The books says there's something that I have, that the people who will have taken me want, but I-I don't know what that could be." She rambles and we all sit on the plush grass in thought.

"Show them the thing doll." Asher says to Paisley.

I give a warning growl and Paisley gives Asher the "really?" look.

"There is something that I've been meaning to show you, Mom, Dad." Paisley says then stands in the middle of the wide circle that we've created.

She closes her eyes and I take notice of how there's little pieces of red in her brown hair. And the way how when she concentrates she furrows her brows.

Her hands start to get a deep shade of red, much like how my Mom's do when she's angry.

Wait,

"Mom, I think she has a demon." I whisper and her eyes widen.

"Paisley I think it's best if we-." My mom is cut off when fire shoots into a tree causing it to burst into flames.

Paisley gasps then covers her mouth.

"O-I didn't mean to do that. There's this thing I do, it's like, when I concentrate, it's like a lighting comes from my fingers. It's really cool-."

"Colton, the mirror." Alexandra says suddenly.

He looks at her with a confused look as Alexandra looks at Sophia.

"Sophia, can you come here please?" She asks.

Sophia gets up hesitantly and walks over to Alexandra.

"Do you happen to maybe, maybe be able to have an affect on glass?" She asks.

"I-I don't think so. I know that I have a dark angel though. I don't have anything other than that."

"Val, would you happen to have a healing power or something to do with nature?" She asks quickly.

"Yes, both." Mom nods.

"I know about the war, I have visions sometimes." Colton says and Alexandra looks at him.

"And you never told me?" She asks with a hurt expression.

"No, well yes. Baby, I didn't want to worry you. Everything with Ray and Jeremy-."

"Don't." She says with a glare.

"Mom who's Ray and Jeremy?" Paisley asks then comes to sit next to me.

I smile softly as I look at her realizing how small she is.

She glances at me then smiles back softly.

"They're bad people. Jeremy, he's a vampire. A terrible one. Ray is a disgusting excuse of a werewolf." She says with hate.

"Anyways, the mirror. It's supposed to be a mirror that-." We hear a rustle in the trees not far from us and we all look towards the sound.

I grab Paisley's arm making sure she's fully behind me when she pokes her head over my shoulder resting her head there.

I look at her raising an eyebrow then try pushing her back behind me.

She raises her eyebrow back and gets on her knees, putting her head back over my shoulder just like she did before. She looks at me as if silently daring me to try shielding her again.

I see Sophia snicker at my distress and I glare.

"It's not safe to speak of these things outside. Let's go up to the Alpha floor. Paisley, you can show Luke and Sophia to some rooms then meet us in-."

A giant black wolf with green eyes and a long scratch over his eyes suddenly bursts through the trees.

I grab Paisley pulling her against my body and shielding her away from the wolf as she gasps hugging me back just as tightly as I'm holding her.

"Greyson." Mom says in a terrified voice.

"It's him."

° ° ° ° °

The black wolf if you don't remember is the one that attacked her when she was younger.

Anyways have a good day lovelies :)

Read.Comment.Vote.Follow.
♧ 1434everr ♧