20

Chapter 20

/Luke\

I've never felt such power over another being than I do in this very moment.

I watch as the Alpha painfully falls to his knees, weeping and pleading for his pack and mate, their lives now in my hands.

His head was bowed low as his hands shook and tears fell to wet the dry dirt. His Luna stood not too far behind, shaking in fear as she bravely kept her eyes locked with mine. The packs we've taken over these past few weeks, their Luna's seemed to be the ones with the strongest heart and will, something that will be admired in Ariah's new pack. Their Beta lay dead a few mere feet away as her son weeps uncontrollably for his mother.

"Ronaldo..." My voice boomed loudly and the Luna's head instantly dropped as more sobs fell from the mouth of the wolves before me.

"Yes?" His voice was tight and curt as he stared in disgust at the pitiful wolves before us that deemed themselves warriors. I couldn't think them of anything but pathetic, they brought shame to the very name of our kind.

"Grab the Luna, and Beta's son, kill the rest. The embarrassing excuse of an Alpha as well." I turn on my heel as Rolando starts shouting orders and the Luna starts to scream in agony for her mate and pack. The Beta's pup sobs and screams as they tear him away from his dead parents.

"Ameda!" I call as the she wolf pushes her way through the crowd and stands before me, eyes wide as she smiles kindly.

"You called, Alpha?" Her voice was soft as I drowned out the terrified sounds coming from the pack that I'd soon conquer.

"Take the Beta's pup back to the pack house immediately, Ariah will want to start his treatments as soon as possible. Go gather him while I assemble a few men to watch after you." Ameda nods quickly as she smiles then walks towards the Beta's child with a pep in her step.

Looking to a group of my men I usher them over with a finger and they immediately drop the dead bodies.

"Watch Ameda as she takes the boy back to Ariah, if you fail to do this you'll face harsh consequences by my hand." They nod as they track down the she wolf, who has the pup thrown over her shoulder. Waving to me with a smile, I look away as they take off.

The Luna sits before me in a huddled figure on the ground, her hands shaking as she sobs trying to touch her dead mate on the ground. My warriors watch her as she hesitantly touches his skin then sobs as she takes him into her arms, screaming to the sky.

"Ronaldo finish everything up here, we're tight on time. Ariah has another order for us to finish before the day is over." I haul the Luna over my shoulder but she just continues to cry endlessly as we leave the ruins of her pack.

It wasn't until after thirty minutes of hearing her sob and hiccup started to drive me mad. This was a three hour journey back to Ariah and I couldn't stand hearing her cry any longer.

"Shut up already girl, this is for the best. He was weak and geld you back. You'll do much better showing your skill in your new pack." Her crying stops instantly and I'm grateful until I hear her growling.

"To you, I'm Luna Kiara and you won't get away with this. You will pay one day through your own mate." Her voice dripped with venom and I chuckled softly when I stopped in my tracks.

My muscles went taut and my body rigged, much like it did when my wolf was fighting for his sister, except this time it was better.

No one was around besides the Luna and I, when I fell to the ground.

My body was on fire as every muscle in my body seemed to spasm when a feeling took over me, an amazing feeling.

I felt free.

I opened my eyes gasping in air as I clutched my chest that seemed to be tightening and then all together released. I look over to see a woman staring down at me with wide teary eyes.

"Where am I?" I jump to my feet making the woman before me to take a cautious step backwards as she crouches down to make herself smaller.

"Where do you think you are?" Her voice was cold and devoid of emotion, except there was a hint of curiosity paired with a skeptical hard expression.

"I- where is Sophia? And Paisley?" Panic started to suddenly consume me as waves upon waves of other emotions started to overwhelm my senses. My head was pounding and my wolf was going out of control fighting to get out.

"There is no Paisley or Sophia here." She snapped pointedly as she glared at me.

"And you are...?" I question with narrowed eyes, brushing off her cold tone.

"Are you apart of Ariah's pack?!" I snarl as I take a step towards her. She darts up to her feet taking a few steps back as she stares at me with wide, glossy eyes.

"N-No! I already told you, my name is Luna Kiara." Her voice was weary although she glares daggers at me.

Suddenly a thought pops into my head, one that my wolf practically screams at me.

I fought off Ariah's treatment, I could go home now.

A grin slowly made it's way onto my face, then all at once I was sporting an all out smile at the thought of home.

"What's your problem?" She growls and I narrow my eyes.

"I'm sorry but I'm failing to understand your foul mood." My wolf stayed silent which surprised me. He would've usually been angry at such disrespect.

"You killed my mate, I should be livid towards you. Once I'm past my mourning, you will be six feet under for what you've done and that is a promise." Her voice was matter a fact. She said this with narrowed eyes as she looked me up and down with disgust.

"You know, the embarrassing excuse of an Alpha." Hurt shone through her eyes over her mates death as if I need a reminder of what I've done.

Grab the Luna, and Beta's son, kill the rest. The embarrassing excuse of an Alpha as well.

"There is no amount of apologies I can give that will heal your grief, and for that I am eternally sorry for what I've done. This doesn't make things okay, because I know when you have nightmares of your mates death you will see my face, but know I did not intend nor did I want this to happen." Standing taller to carry on past this guilt, her teary eyes kill me as she looks away.

"I will never forgive for this, but I can accept your apology." Her voice cracked as she spoke through her tears. In that moment I wanted to kill Ariah even more knowing that he used me as a pawn to destroy many lives in the way I did to this young Luna. One that hadn't even begun to live her life.

"I-." She looks up when I stop talking, a heavy feeling presses on my chest and my wolf grows frantic. Dark thoughts began to cloud my head and I knew it was Ariah's work trying to pull me back into my blind state.

"What-?"

"Run!" I growl out trying my hardest not to give in. Her wide eyes stare down at me as I glare. I throw myself on the ground digging my hands into the dirt, holding on with everything I can to avoid ripping her into shreds.

"But you said-."

"I said run!" I snarl causing her eyes to widen. She turns on her heel and darts off into the trees.

I'm up on my own feet in seconds chasing after her as I continue trying to fight. She was in my sights as she sent a terrified look over her shoulder. My wolf and I tried with everything in me to slow down, but it was no use. For one single second I lost full control, and then my hands were stained with yet another innocent life.

***

Soo what do you guys think of this chapter/this book so far?

Until next time lovelies ❥ (Even thought this chapter wasn't so lovely).

Read.Comment.Vote.Follow
☪ 1434everr ☪