11

Chapter 11

/Luke\

Everyone was on edge.

More than half the day had passed by and nothing seemed alarming or out of the usual which made me put my guard up higher.

I haven't left Paisley's side once today, and everyone else sort of lingered around silently watching as well.

Things were going good, people were mingling and some of our pack was even arriving here early to train under my command.

That's when we got word of a fire in the northern territory.

Sophia, Mom, Dad, Alexandra, Colton, Paisley, her brothers, Asher and I all left at once.

The risk of leaving Paisley alone and something happened to her were too high, I would soon find out that our choice to bring her would blow up right in our faces.

"How the hell am I supposed to put this out?! This fire is way too big for just you and I Greyson, we need your cousin." Mom yells as the fire starts burning down the randomly placed building.

"Well we need to make it work, she's too far for us to get here in time. This fire will reach the pack house by the time she's here." Dad yells as him and Mom walk closer to the fire.

"I can help, Colton try bring the flames in, okay?" Alexandra says as they walk after Mom and Dad.

"Dylan Jaycen, can you guys watch over Paisley? I'm going to go help." Asher says and Jaycen rolls his eyes.

"All you're going to do is get in the way man, stay here. Luke don't you have a power or something?" Dylan questions and I look back to the fire.

Yes but not under control... or one that will help.

"No, I can't help with this." I say looking at the flames while Paisley stays securely pushed up against my side.

She been quiet most of the day. She wasn't as bubbly as yesterday led me to believe it was out of nervousness.

"So Paise, how about showing us that power of yours. Heard it was quite the show." Dylan teases and Paisley glares.

"Shove it up your ass Dylan, I'm not trying to worsen the fi-."

She abruptly stops talking, her head immediately turning to the left making me look away from the fire when I see them.

I had maybe expected this to happen when Paisley was all alone. Maybe going downstairs to get a drink of water in the middle of the night, or when she was sleeping. Not in broad daylight.

But no, that's not what it was.

At least fifty men dressed in all white suits with matching purple eyes and bold black tattoos on their right arm, purple fangs flashing.

Purple fangs.

A flash of the women I saw in our territory with the fangs flashes in my mind, leaving as soon as it came.

"Luke..." Sophia says softly in disbelief.

Jaycen, Dylan, and Asher slowly catch on to our line of sight while I position myself in front of Paisley crouching down low, claws extended.

"Oh my god its the KKK." Dylan whispers.

"Not it's not the KKK you idiot, they're here to take our sister!" Jaycen hisses as the men stare back at us.

Jaycen gets on Paisley's left side while Sophia gets in front of her, Asher and Dylan a few feet on each side of us.

It was silent between us, as I tried keeping hold over the beast inside that wanted out. He was blood thirsty and just as willing to kill for our mate as I was.

"Colton!"

And just like that they break.

"Don't let them get to her." I hiss to Asher and I sprint forward after Dylan, Jaycen, and Sophia.

I lost control the second I came in contact with a body.

Throwing the man down to the ground by his throat I made sure to crush his windpipe moving on to another as Sophia comes up to my side covering me.

Mom, Dad, Alexandra and Colton soon join the fight, taking out people quickly.

One is such a funny number, don't you think?

It's odd, literally, and usually when people hear there's only one of something, like oh there's only one cookie, one ticket, they aren't happy.

Well, I made one mistake.

I made the mistake of trusting Asher to guard my mate. One task.

And it was only one person, it took only one person to take my mate and run her right into a burning building.

"What kind of suicide bullshit is this?!" Sophia yells as she snaps a guys neck. I snarl at Asher running up to him and picking him up by his collar.

"I asked for one thing!" I yell dropping him onto the ground and sprinting as fast as I could.

The force field came down next as we all ran towards the building in haste to get my mate back.

I ran like hell, and me being gifted with speed I made it through before the force field came down fully, but so did Asher.

Our families banged on the force field rapidly trying to break through, I even saw Mom Dad and Colton using there magic but it was no use. We were trapped.

'I love you guys.' I link Mom Dad and Sophia then run towards the building not wasting time.

"Fuck you whoever's out there!" Mom screams as she run back into the fight, Dad following her.

With the dome around us containing the fire, smoke quickly built up. Dark, thick, suffocating smoke as I tried desperately to navigate my way through into an entrance.

"Get off me!" Paisley yells as I break through the wall.

Fuck it I couldn't find a door.

A man stands there holding Paisley tightly in his arms, gritting his teeth as she thrashes around.

I snarl throwing him off her and pushing him onto a wall as he smirks.

"Always so quick to save the girl." He smiles and slowly raises up an empty syringe in his hand.

Syringe, serum, Paisley.

I quickly turn around to see a puncture wound in Paisley's neck, Asher bearing the same mark as they fall to the ground, men crowding in on us.

"Ariah will see you later." He says in a high pitched voice then plunges a syringe into my neck, making me fall to my knees.

I grip my neck growling at anyone who gets too close to my mate then look up at the man who injected me.

I look into the man's eyes grimacing.

"Touch her and you die." I snarl and he smiles kneeling down next to me.

"I'm already dead." He whispers as I grab his head slamming him into the floor, fatigue starting to take over.

I grit my teeth as I clutch his throat while the bastard laughs.

"Nighty night."

And the darkness takes over.

× × ×

This is just the beginning, you guys haven't seen anything yet.

I'm so glad to be back on track.

Read.Comment.Vote.Follow.
♧ 1434everr ♧