9

Chapter 9

/Luke\

I stand up quickly holding Paisley in place behind me as another wolf comes out from the trees.

He examines the area when his eyes settle on Paisley causing me to growl.

The wolf's eyes snap to mine when he snarls, opening his mouth to bare his canines to me.

I snarl back extending my own canines as I get into a fighting position.

The wolf immediately backs away at this and runs over to the black wolf.

The black wolf shifts into a tall light skinned man with such pale skin you could mistake him as a sheet of paper.

His jet black hair sticks up everywhere on his head as his hard eyes look straight at my mother then smirk.

"Hello little Valerie." She gulps and stands there fear strikes with wide eyes and an open mouth.

I've never seen my mother so gobsmacked and at a loss for words, and I don't like it. I don't like that this man makes her feel this way, makes her feel fearful.

The man's eyes scan over to me then Sophia and he smirks.

"Not so little now, having your own pups and all." He continues.

"Ahh, and Greyson. I see you've finally let go of the whore Crystal to pursue your real mate. It was about time that you manned up and let go of that stupid contract." The man goes on.

At the mention of Crystal, Mom's hands ball into tight fists as this man seems to have struck a nerve.

I've only heard of Crystal few times, Sophia has only heard fewer.

From what I had gathered when I was smaller and my mother openly talked about Crystal to Sophe, Raven, Amy, or Jessie, she wasn't a treasured person in our pack.

She caused a big fight to arise between my parents and nearly cost my mother her life along with my fathers, then she was banished from the pack before I was born.

I'm glad to have never met the dreadful women.

"Do not bring that disrespectful foul whores name up in my pups, mates, or my presence." Mom snarls causing the man to smirk.

"Struck a nerve have I now?" He taunts causing Dad to snarl.

"Enough! I don't know who you are but I know you've caused my mate pain. And for that I already hate you. Now, get off this territory before I detach your head from your shoulders." Dad says lowly.

"Very well. My name is Holden for your information," he adds.

'As if someone asked.' My wolf was prowling in my mind, daring the man before us to disrespect his mother in any way, because like Dad said, his head would be detached from his shoulders.

"I wish I could say it's a pleasure to meet you." Dad says with hard eyes.

"I'll just be on my way," Holden says then looks to Sophia.

"I'll be seeing you soon my dear." He says and just like that he's gone.

"Mom," Sophia says in a shaky voice.

"Who was that?" She asks as we all look to my mother who's in dad's arms.

"Sophia, not right now." Dad says quietly as he stares down at mom stroking her cheek lovingly as she looks into his eyes then burrows her head in his chest.

"We should go inside." Mom says quietly.

Doing just that, we decide to call it a day and head to the Alphas home to farther talk things over about the soon to come war.

° ° °
Short chapter, but next chapter will be longer.

Hope you enjoyed this chapter:)

Read.Comment.Vote.Follower.
♧ 1434everr ♧