16

Chapter 16

/Luke\

"Luke,"

I open my eyes and feel a soft breeze pass over my skin as the sun shines down harshly on my skin.

"Luke, come back to me." A soft voice whispers and I sit up.

"Pailsey?" I question looking around myself only to find I'm in a field of grass and nothing around for miles.

"Save me Luke," Her voice echoes as I frantically look around myself.

"I'm trying Paisley I'm trying." I say looking around then looking at the sky.

"Come back to me, Ariah is waiting."

Ariah is waiting.

My eyes snap open and I sit up quickly to find I'm back in the yard.

No one seems to be out yet and I slowly stand up looking around myself cautiously then to the woods.

I decide to go for a run since that's all I can seem to do lately.

I try gathering my thoughts on where I was before I fell asleep.

I was getting my daily wolfbane.

Then everything went black.

Yeah, that's what happened.

I continue running when I hear the guards opening the doors to the dungeon and letting people into the yard.

So I ran.

And I ran.

And I ran some more.

I felt like I had a sense of who I was when I ran. It was normal to me. Something I would do daily and when I was back home with my pack. I ran when in wolf and human form, so this was normal. It was the only thing I had.

"Luke," The voice came to my ears softly, almost in a whisper but I heard her all too well.

Running was the only thing I had, but now I had her, a piece of home.

"Luke." She smiles in relief and starts running towards me, and I find myself doing the same.

Soon I have her in my arms hugging her tightly, feeling a sense of security knowing she was here with me in a place I didn't know.

"Oh my god Soph, what the hell are you doing here?" I breathe out then hold her at arms length then pull her back into a hug.

"When you left we were fighting them off. There were some trying to escape, so I went after them and blacked out then ended up here." She explains and I let her go smiling.

"God you're one crazy fucking girl, but I love you for it. Why are they still keeping you here?" I ask.

"I could ask you the same thing." She says with an uneven smile, looking nervous. I brush off her weird behavior then sigh deciding it would be nice to talk to someone about what's going on.

"They have Paisley here, they're testing on her, they changed her and-."

"What do you mean they changed her?" She interrupts and I look back at her face.

"She's older now, physically and mentally. They aged her to seventeen and gave her knowledge to go with it." She sighs while running her hands down her face.

"This is such a disaster. You're stuck here, she's stuck here and becoming a lab rat, Asher's here and-. Where is Asher?" She asks and I glare at the thought of the useless Beta.

"I could care less about him, he's the reason we're here." I say angrily and she frowns.

"That's not true. This was bound to happen and he's paying the price. He ran after you guys, he's suffering too." I just stare at my sister not believing what she's saying.

He's the reason we're here it's all his fault. How could he say it's not?

"Why would you defend him? This is his fault!" I yell growing louder. From the corner of my eye I see some people turn their heads towards us but I couldn't seem to care.

"Luke you know it isn't- this isn't anyone's fault." She was trying to soothe me, I could tell. But the very sound of her calm and collected voice made me angrier as I growl.

What's her problem?

"I asked one thing and he couldn't do one simple task, that was all I asked!" I yell as she glares, now balling her fist as she straightens her posture to stand taller before me.

"Well that task was a hard one. You put him in charge of the one girl that over fifty people were after, that's a lot of pressure Luke!" Shes now yelling back as causing my anger to flare as an unknown feeling settles in me, a bad feeling I've never felt for the hardheaded brat before me.

Maybe it's her fault too. She didn't try hard enough.

"This is your fault too, if you wouldn't have been staring at the enemy all stary eyes then we wouldn't be-." I freeze as realization dawn's upon me and I face my shocked, rigid sister.

"He's your mate isn't he?" I question feeling rage start to build up in my chest. I was suffocating and it felt like someone was spreading an waves of hot anger through me.

"He's your fucking mate isn't he?! That's why you're here!" I snarl taking a step towards her as she takes one back her jaw clenching as she stares at me with worried narrowed eyes.

"What is wrong with you? You act like I had a choice, we all knew he was going to be a bad person!" She exclaims.

I snarl and raise my hand up as she shuts her eyes tightly.

Then I sense the fear rolling off her, and I snap out of it putting my hand down with wide eyes. I almost hit her.

She opens her eyes slowly looking into my eyes, a painful expression, one of worry and pity.

"Soph, please don't look at me that way, Soph I am so sorry." I whisper taking a few steps back and sitting on the ground slowly.

"What are they doing to me? What are they doing?" I ask as I hold my head in my hands.

I can feel her presence next to me on the ground and she places her hand on my back, pulling me into her.

"They're changing me Soph, what they're injecting me with is changing me. I almost hit you, and I don't even know why." I say quietly. I was torn up about the fact I almost hit her. In my normal perfect world I would never dream of doing that.

"Hey, it's gonna be okay. We're family and we stick together no matter what. That wasn't you and I can tell you're sorry. Don't beat yourself up." She moves to sit in front of me now, and I could tell by her voice she'd have a sad smile on her lips judging by the way she was speaking.

I shake my head burying my face in my hands but she pulls them away.

"Luke, we've had eighteen years of preparing. We're not gonna let them destroy that in only six days. We're together until the end, remember?" She whispers softly making me lift my head up and take a deep breathe as she squeezes my hands reassuringly.

"I'm going to fight this." I say firmly and she smiles.

"There's my stubborn brother." She says making me smile as I stand up. I reach my hand out to her and she takes it pulling herself up off the ground.

"I miss Mom and Dad." I say after a while of us standing there.

"I miss them too." She whispers looking up at the sky.

I missed them. I missed home.
* * *

SOPHIAS BOOK IS POSTED AND ITS CALLED,

SAVING HIM

And that's all folks! Until the next chapter.

Read.Comment.Vote.Follow.
♧ 1434everr ♧